jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is CPM? When looking at the hubpages earnings?

1. Pascale1973 profile image75
    Pascale1973posted 6 years ago

What is CPM? When looking at the hubpages earnings?

2. Judy Razon profile image62
    Judy Razonposted 6 years ago

Cost per thousand impressions.
    It is advertising bought on the basis of impression.

The total price paid in a CPM deal is calculated by multiplying the CPM rate by the number of CPM units. For example, one million impressions at $10 CPM equals a $10,000 total price.

1,000,000 / 1,000 = 1,000 units
    1,000 units X $10 CPM = $10,000 total price
    The amount paid per impression is calculated by dividing the CPM by 1000. For example, a $10 CPM equals $.01 per impression.

$10 CPM / 1000 impressions = $.01 per impression

3. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 6 years ago

Yeah, CPM is what Judy said it was.  CTR (click through rate) and CPC (cost per click) is what you should be more concerned with. You can have a very high-traffic website, for example, and even if your CPM is decent, you will make very little money.  Actually, I wonder why advertisers even pay for impressions anymore, considering the advertising options that are available these days.    I make almost all of my online money through PPC (pay per click) adverts, although I don't have any on this particular website (HP), at the moment, but I may do so eventually...
    At any rate, good luck with the online revenue; cheers!

4. christianajohan profile image58
    christianajohanposted 6 years ago

This means payment in one thousand impressions made from your site page.

Judy is right:

one million impressions at $10 CPM equals a $10,000 total price.
    1,000,000 / 1,000 = 1,000 units
    1,000 units X $10 CPM = $10,000 total price
    The amount paid per impression is calculated by dividing the CPM by 1000. For example, a $10 CPM equals $.01 per impression.
    $10 CPM / 1000 impressions = $.01 per impression

5. Pascale1973 profile image75
    Pascale1973posted 6 years ago

Thank you for all the answers guys, I love this community, everyone is so helpful...

6. skys profile image59
    skysposted 6 years ago

Well Judy Razon explained very well. I don't need anything remained there to explain about CPM

7. zsobig profile image83
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

Cost per mille, aka Cost per impressions. Basically it is the amount of money that companies pay for their ad to appear on sites a 1000 times.
    I've just finished a hub to answer a very similar question, you can read it here:
    http://zsobig.hubpages.com/hub/CPM-and- … dvertising
    I hope I could help!

working