jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Are you getting Email from Hubpages regarding your statistics?

1. Slightly Bonkers profile image60
    Slightly Bonkersposted 6 years ago

Are you getting Email from Hubpages regarding your statistics?

I found an email today telling me that my views are decreasing and several articles of writers who are "falling into a rut as writer"?
    Again - same as the accolades and the point system I feel severely under pressure. With a sick Toddler at home and analyzing whether or not we should open a little family business I feel even more under pressure sad
    I promise you: more articles will follow soon dear readers, I even have some lined up, just need to finalize the wording smile

2. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 6 years ago

Really? In the two years I've been writing here, I've never received an email from HubPages like that. It's up to you to determine how fast or slow you want to publish articles. You don't need the added stress of feeling pressured to write. Sometimes life gets in the way of writing, and you can only do what you can do. It's not up to HubPages to dictate what your writing schedule should be. That's your decision.

3. Felixedet2000 profile image56
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

i don't think it is from hub pages, check in case your account has been infiltrated.

4. Slightly Bonkers profile image60
    Slightly Bonkersposted 6 years ago

It is a legit Email and has their logo on it, directed to me smile

5. profile image50
    john dunkposted 6 years ago

I sure have and it's annoying because i can't do anything about it ...

6. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

Yes, I got the email you are talking about.  I am sure everyone did on the mailing list.  It wasn't anything personal against you or your numbers.  There is a headline about falling into a rut and advice for anyone on Hubpages that may want suggestions.  This particular email is a weekly email with updates, stats, topics, and the winners for any contests.  Don't worry.  It is just a regular email from Hubpages.

7. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

How weird! I've never received an e-mail like that from HP even during my slack times - I look after my elderly Dad, so at times there is zero writing. I take it that the e-mail is definately legit? Not a spam or someone playing a very silly and rude joke? At the end of the day what does it really matter to HP how much writing you do?  You obviously  have enough to put up with at the moment - hope the wee one is better soon - without getting really dumb e-mails that only add to your stress!

8. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

yes i had this email too - it probably gets sent to everyone, but some people may have their options set differently and don't get it or it is filtered out by a junk mail filter.

I don't think it was intended to pressure you into writing, it simply gives people suggestions if they feel their writing has fallen into a rut.

As for the statistics about page views, this is always included in a regular email, and just gives you the facts about whether your views have gone up or down. Again, not intended to create stress!

Hope your toddler is better soon : )

9. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Do you mean the weekly newsletter? Every week on Wednesday or Thursday Hubpages sends us a letter . It does indeed say at the top what our hub views and profile views were for the last week. It's standard and doesn't mean anything. As for what topics they choose to include, that changes every week. The only constants are the inclusion of Hubnugget winners and an interview by one hubber of another hubber. Whoever the interviewee is one week that person becomes the interviewer. It is sent out to EVERYONE. Not everyone gets it, because for some people it ends up in the junkmail. But everyone gets it.

10. ubanichijioke profile image76
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

Maybe that's new,
    cos i ve not
    seen or heard
    except this.
    It is all good!

11. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

I received this email. I didn't take it personally since my stats are coming up. (No way to go but up since I am fairly new).  I agree with PWalker - write when you can, and take a break when you need.  That's one of the benefits of freelancing career. Hope your toddler gets better soon, and your business venture is a success, if you do decide to take it on.

working