jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it rude to unfollow a hub or a question after you have put in your two cents

1. mikielikie profile image69
    mikielikieposted 6 years ago

Is it rude to unfollow a hub or a question after you have put in your two cents in?

A lot of questions and hubs are so awesome that I like to leave a comment but really don't wanna keep getting emails about other hubber's comment. Maybe I'm rude but if I wanna read them I think I would go back to that hub or question. So am I rude.......?

2. Chasing Riley profile image82
    Chasing Rileyposted 6 years ago

I've actually been wondering the same thing? I like to hear what people are saying but I don't like getting all of the emails that come with every response. I can't wait to see how experienced hubbers answer this question. Thanks for posting the question!

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

You asked a question.

I gave my answer.

End of obligation.

Sometimes, I do want to know what others think.........I might learn something from another perspective.

Sometimes, what I think is my last stand.......and the opinions will not matter.

There is no rudeness, in opting out, and not following a question that you answered.

4. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 6 years ago

If I continued to follow all of the hubs that I've commented on or questions I've answered, there wouldn't be enough time in the week, much less the day, to read them all. After a while, I loose interest in reading comments and answers and unfollow the hub/question because I know there will be new ones to follow. I try to keep the # of hubs/questions I'm following at a manageable level.  It's not rude to unfollow; it's an efficient use of your time.

5. Millionaire Tips profile image94
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

I hope not, because once I have read the question and answered it, I only keep following it if I want to hear other hubber opinions.  In fact, I think there is a place in your profile you can set so it doesn't automatically follow a question. And even below the answer, there is a box I can unclick if I don't want to follow the question.

I generally do follow the question for a couple of days after I post an answer, just in case someone says anything directly to me, but I will stop following after a couple of days.

I do keep following my own questions - after all, I want to know the answer, and it would be rude to ask a question and not listen to the answer.

6. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

NO! I do it all the time. It is expected.

working