jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

Is it rude to ask a person a question and before they answer it,turn away?

1. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Is it rude to ask a person a question and before they answer it,turn away?

And start talking to another person.

2. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Yes, I think it is rude, whether it's a question or statement. If someone is responding, replying or just plain talking to you it is only polite to listen to what they are saying.

3. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

Yes it is very rude for a person to not allow you to make a reply and talking to another person as you attempt to answer their question or statement.

They are showing that they don't care about your opinion and have already come to their own conclusion as to the answer you will give.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Absolutely!

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Of course it is rude.  It shows the person being asked the question that the other person is not fully engaged and certainly not interested in the answer.

6. Historicus profile image61
    Historicusposted 5 years ago

Yes.  By turning away you show that person that you were insincere in asking that person's opinion or advice.

7. abbyw1989 profile image60
    abbyw1989posted 5 years ago

Incredibly rude! It can be seen as incredibly ignorant too. Why ask a question if you don't bother to listen to the answer? smile

1. Johnny2Balls profile image60
      Johnny2Ballsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To annoy the person? Trolling isn't just a thing you do, it's a way of life. :-P

8. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Yes. And do you know what is even more rude than that?

1. sangre profile image96
      sangreposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, what?

2. IDONO profile image82
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's a joke. What gets me is when someone asks a question and I'm halfway thru my answer and they finish it for me. I guess they want to make sure the answer is the one they want to hear.

9. Angela Kane profile image77
    Angela Kaneposted 5 years ago

Of course it is, why would you ask someone a question and then turn away before they can answer. Why ask the question at all.

10. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 5 years ago

Yes, very rude, so don't do it...makes you look bad too.

11. faisalb87 profile image42
    faisalb87posted 5 years ago

Yeh of course I think its very rude you need to listen them what they are saying.

12. profile image55
    monikam01posted 5 years ago

Yes it is extremely rude to not let the other person respond after you've asked a question. The most common villain is "How are you"; people will often ask out of courtesy or as the mannerisms that they're taught and then continue speaking whatever is on their minds. The poor fella is left wondering, 'why did he ask n the first place, wasn't I doing just fine without his concern?!?!?!'

13. Johnny2Balls profile image60
    Johnny2Ballsposted 5 years ago

It would also depend on whether the person is just staring at you blankly and seems to have no intention of saying anything, because they're currently concentrating on breathing and standing at the same time. Multi-tasking abilities vary wildly from person to person.

working