jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is the CPM different every day for the hubpages ad program? what's it based

1. rochelj profile image66
    rocheljposted 6 years ago

Why is the CPM different every day for the hubpages ad program? what's it based on?

what factors determine how much we will earn per impression?

2. prairieprincess profile image96
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

From what I've read, it's determined by the quality of the ads that show up on your pages, based on the articles that you write.

BUT ... I would love to  understand that in greater detail. I hope someone else has more insight!

3. ktrapp profile image96
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

I would love to understand this better myself. The cpm seems to change radically very often even for the same basic set of hubs I've written.

4. kgala0405 profile image80
    kgala0405posted 6 years ago

Basically, advertisers compete to have their ads shown on your site.  Some topics have more competition than other topics.  If you write a hub on a highly competitive topic the CPM will be higher than if you wrote on a topic that is less competitive.  For example if you wrote a hub on "How to Choose the Best Car Insurance" you will likely boost your CPM.  However if you wrote a poem hub about wind, you would likely have a very low CPM.  If you write about a competitive topic you will start to see a higher CPM.

To find keywords with a high CPM you can use the Google Keyword tool.  Be aware that keywords with very high CPMs are often times difficult to rank in.  The trick is to find a topic that is searched often, has very few websites on the topic and has a high CPM.  Its a balancing act, but finding that perfect keyword is like striking gold.