jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How can I increase or influence my CPM earnings in the Hubpages Ad Program?

1. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

How can I increase or influence my CPM earnings in the Hubpages Ad Program?

2. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 5 years ago

Paul, I would choose keywords with higher CPCs.  You can use the Google AdWords Keyword Tool (its free).  Keep in mind though, they might be harder to rank for.

Good luck.

1. techniche profile image66
      technicheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is a high authority site. Just search your keywords and make a hub. Little backlinking will help you rank . smile

3. profile image0
    Gavrocheposted 4 years ago

Lol, I wish I knew for sure. I've heard others say that the "competetive-ness" of the topic might be a factor (the more of a hot topic, the higher the CPM), but I doubt this is the only determinant. Others have said the quality of the content (in the advertizer's eyes) might play a part, too. I'm guessing this means having good keyword densities for popular searches, etc. I do use Google AdWords to do a bit of this.

I only have two hubs right now, but for some reason my starting CPM started at around $9.00 and has since climbed to $11.80. I honestly don't know why. It immediately struck me as suspicious because I've heard a lot of people mention that they usually get $2-5 CPM (but then again, I wouldn't be the one to know an accurate average because I'm really new to all this).

I've only been a member for 5 days. I haven't added any other hubs or anything... I'm trying figure out if this is just a "fluke" or something I can actually capitalize on.

I wish I could give a more definitive answer.

working