How long will it take each of u to create and publish a hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-46 of 46 discussions (58 posts)
  1. nanospeck profile image59
    nanospeckposted 14 years ago

It took about 3 hours for each of my hubs... I wonder if im taking so much time because i am a novice. How about u people out there? Whats your average time to create and publish a hub?

1. 2uesday profile image64
      2uesdayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It depends on what I am writing the hub about. If it is something that I have already written and just need to cut and past an add photos an hour. On some that need research and photos taken I spend an hour here and there on over a couple of weeks building it by adding capsules and info as I gather it.

Some like the one when it snowed I took the photos loaded them on the computer and had the hub on here in two hours.

I have to spell check and edit a lot so that takes extra time and then I sometimes I move the photos in the hub about until I am happy with the balance of them.

I think I take longer to make a hub now than I did when I started because I am more picky and self critical about the finished look of the hub. I'd guess minium an hour maxium 4.
      So I guess I'm not normal... (that will make a change).

2. warchild75 profile image63
      warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

About an hour and a half to 2 hours but then im a complete novice when it comes to SEO so maybe when i know what im doing with that it may take another hour or so!!!

3. flamboyantken profile image60
      flamboyantkenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure that you must have spent ample time in Researching, Absolute No Knowledge in the respective field and Spend Time Figuring Out  Facts.

Here are some tips:
      - Research thoroughly (Qualitative & Quantitative measures) before hubbing
      - Spend time understanding the Fundamental (Basis) before hubbing
      - Do not rush through your Hub or else, republishing is inevitable
      - Revisit the published Hub, doing necessary adjustments & amendments

Any queries can be written to me at flamboyantken hub page. Cheers!!

1. hi friend profile image61
        hi friendposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Usually we take a week time to create a hub depending on the ideas we assumed

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I have done some in 15 minutes. Just depends. I write fast, though, from my years of experience.

3. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

30 minutes if I'm writing a 'ranting' hub big_smile. 2 hours if I'm writing something else, complete with the pics, the videos, etc.

4. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

That is normal buddy big_smile

Hi habee and emie!

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, General! Hi, Emi!

So are you saying I'm not normal??? lol.

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

Hi Habee. Nope, you're just a very experienced writer smile.

6. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

About 30 seconds to two mins.

I write all my poems before hand in microsoft word -
    Then I just copy and paste.

Easy.

7. crazybeanrider profile image85
    crazybeanriderposted 14 years ago

I would say it depends on the research your doing or if you are able to rattle something off. I try to spend a couple hours on my hubs. Personally for me though I can take a few days to write one article. Not so sure if that's a bad thing or not.

1. suziecat7 profile image79
      suziecat7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It takes me hours. I like to research a lot. I've written very few ranting Hubs but tend to endlessly study what I'm writing about which makes me slow. Hopefully someday I can be like Habee and whip quality stuff out.

8. Alessia Amnesia profile image59
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

Depends on how much passion there is behind it for me.

9. TheSituation profile image62
    TheSituationposted 14 years ago

HI there, I am new to this...but so far I have takena round an hour for each of my longer hubs and about 30 minutes for my Top 10 Bar songs hub...but about 2 hours compiling music for it....

I think it really depends on how well formed your idea is for the hub.  If you really know what you want to write then it will go by really fast...

10. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Depends on the subject.  Some may take an hour or so. But most of my hubs are written over a period of days, or nights in my case.  Some subjects require quite a bit more research or hard to find photos.  Sometimes I wait until I can take photos as I had rather use my own whenever possible.

How long it takes doesn't matter to me as long as I am happy with the results.

11. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I've spent up to 10-12 hours on a few.
    I do lots of research though, they're not coming off the top of my head lol

12. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Haha, considering the length I've been here with only 14 hubs, and how I have to be inspired...awhile. :s

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine take me from several hours, to days...depends on how hard it is to get the words correct...

13. thevoice profile image60
    thevoiceposted 14 years ago

any time between hour to two hours

14. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Depends on the topic I am writing about. something very passionate about 10-15 minutes. a hub that is going to be long and am passionate about...30-35 minutes. short ones again 10-15 minutes and that is all also based on my mood. some of them have taken me a few hours because they were a short story...acctually that one took a few days.

15. Roffi Grandiosa profile image60
    Roffi Grandiosaposted 14 years ago

30 minutes is enough for me.

16. nanospeck profile image59
    nanospeckposted 14 years ago

he that was a nice analysis... so i think im normal...tongue

17. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 14 years ago

I think I'm with wyanjen - a couple of my hubs I think I spent close to 10 hours on..  But typically, I spend about 2-3 hours writing, 1 hour researching and gathering material, and another hour editing and revising what I wrote before I publish.

But then again, I'm a perfectionist. hmm

18. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

It really depends on what I am writing about.  I'm like Andrew....I write in Word, then copy and paste--only a few seconds for the text!  lol  Seriously, I've taken anywhere from 1 hour to 4 weeks to write, which includes backburner simmering time.

19. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I just did a hub 850 words, had to find a video, found two graphics and made a third... an hour to lay it all out...

5 hours.
    There is just so much research that I do. Do you know that when I wanted to find out why kosher salt is called kosher, I researched the subject up to and including how to slaughter a cow kosher style.
    Of course none of that made it into the final hub. lol lol

20. easyspeak profile image67
    easyspeakposted 14 years ago

About 30 minutes.  I'm always reading and researching stuff and I just write off the top of my head.  I'm always tweaking to.  I make sure I don't get paralyzed planning my hubs too much that I don't actually write it.  I find that stuff just comes out as I write and it works a lot better for me than outlining and planning.

21. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

1 hour, to layout for content and then re-read and typo and all that.

22. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

It depends on the topic at hand.

I recently wrote one hub about a intimate friendship, which I was able to complete in 3 hours.

I have other hubs that took minutes to write because of short poems. I have some poems that are simply too long, to read in one sitting. I do recommend, if you happen to pass by my poem called Nameless. Keep passing. lol It is 10 pages on paper. smile

But, on average when I begin writing, I run along a train of thought, till it is disrupted by something else, just as important. Then, I'll stop writing and address the idea on hand, when done with that, I'll return to my other work.

But, as I said. It depends. smile

23. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

Two hours is about the minimum for me. I tend to need research for my hubs so it can take even longer. My goal is quality. If I am consistent I will get quantity. Some folks say they can punch out a hub in 10 minutes, but I doubt it would be worth reading.

24. profile image0
    tequilarosemama4posted 14 years ago

it all depends on what i'm wriritng about. some times i can have two or three wrote in a few mins to a few hours. even my ten minute hubs i feel are worth reading. most of my hubs are wrote based upon actual events or feelings so there is no need for reasearch.

25. profile image0
    tequilarosemama4posted 14 years ago

but my friend every write is different we all have our own styles of writing.

26. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Hey all!  It varies for me, depending on the hub, the content, the amount of pictures I'm using & research if I need it.

27. chigoiyke profile image60
    chigoiykeposted 14 years ago

men, I guess am one of the slowest hubbers here but am trying to put my game up this year. ve just been busy on some other sites but I gotta give more time to HP this year but averagely, to put out a hub, minus pics and vidoes cost me less than 15 minutes. Its good though. This year am concentrating on getting more than 100 quality hubs for HP and wait to see the cash. Its all ood

28. RealEstateHelper profile image59
    RealEstateHelperposted 14 years ago

I take half an hour approx.

29. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Depends, yesterday I posted very personal Hub and that took a while, then this morning I done a review of my Sony Reader and that was quick, well about thirty minutes as I had to take a pic of it and up load it so all in all about thrity minutes.

30. efeguy profile image39
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

5 mins

cause i save my writings in ms word,then i copy and paste in hub page.

31. videl05 profile image42
    videl05posted 14 years ago

It always takes me hours to finish a single hub and it’s not finished at once. I usually save it as a draft and then go back to add more stuff before I finally publish it. To break down the total time I spent on a hub, that is, 50% of the time was spent on doing research for the content, 30% on finding suitable Amazon products, 10% on adding some images and 10% on creating some backlinks.

It seems that I need to learn new tactics to improve my writing speed. Does anyone have any good idea? smile

32. sylvia13 profile image65
    sylvia13posted 13 years ago

The time depends. If I like the hub then it takes much longer, as I am proud of it and just want to keep on improving it and adding more stuff. It gets dangerous when I am indifferent to it, as then nobody else seems to like the hub either!

33. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

On average.... 8 days of painful research, rough drafts and spell checking

34. Falsor Wing profile image60
    Falsor Wingposted 13 years ago

My last one was about three hours but it was sort of a project.

35. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 13 years ago

Between research, writing and proofreading multiple times at least 2-3 hours. Then another 1-2 hours working on incoming links.

My last hub I worked on for several days over a two week period. Sadly it has hardly been read yet. sad

36. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 13 years ago

It depends on how much research it needs, sometimes hours smile sometimes weeks neutral sometimes months sad

1. drej2522 profile image67
      drej2522posted 13 years agoin reply to this

nodnods...I agree...it depends on the material. The actual writing process may only take a couple of hours, but the research behind it might take a bit.

1. LarasMama profile image61
        LarasMamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My average is 15-45 minutes. I usually try and turn out 3-5 hubs on a good day now.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My hubs may take several days or a week to compile.  Some are step by step repair projects which require appropriate photos illustrating a particular facet of the article.  These photos are taken during different phases of the project so are not available until the project is completed.

By the way, these are my best money making hubs, both for Amazon sales and ad clicks.  I have written a hub in 30 minutes as a contest between a couple of Other hubbers, but the quality suffered as could be expected. Different subjects, different degree of difficulty

37. elayne001 profile image80
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

I'm impressed by some of you whose scores are up there that only take less than an hour to put it together. I take a bit longer than that unless it is something that I know a lot about. Some hubs I will be collecting info for quite a while before I put it up.

38. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

I reckon I take about ten hours on average but I try to make the best page on the web for whatever the subject is. I don't succeed that often but it's the only way I can work.

39. Super Chef profile image59
    Super Chefposted 13 years ago

It takes me around 40 mins to 1 hour to write my hubs. It used to take around 2 hours but now I know what i'm doing I think LOL!!!!!

40. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I found my hubs on pregnancy really quick to write because they didn't need much research seeing its a field I know well, but they took longer to get ready to publish than they did to write, what with looking for suitable photos, videos and Amazon ads, then getting the page to look right.
    Other hubs take me literally days because I have to research them first, and that take ages because you really have to look at a lot of different sites that cover the subject, to take from each of them what you consider to be the most important points. Otherwise you are only spinning someone else's article.

41. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 12 years ago

If I have no distractions, then an hour or so for a 1000 word Hub. But I have plenty of distractions like a constantly ringing mobile phone and other commitments. So these days, I take almost a week to write an article and publish it.

1. flamboyantken profile image60
      flamboyantkenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Woah! That's pretty quick for you to complete a thousand word Hub!

42. urmilashukla23 profile image66
    urmilashukla23posted 12 years ago

It takes me an average 2 hours.

43. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

About 6 hours in general, but sometimes longer depending on the length of my article. Many of them are well over 1500+ word long.

44. Express10 profile image84
    Express10posted 12 years ago

It really depends on how much detail I want to go into and how I wish to organize everything. If I just blurt things in a more conversational tone then it generally goes more quickly if I'm not writing more than 1000 words. Generally it takes 45 minutes at a minimum or as much as three hours.

45. sakshisingh profile image57
    sakshisinghposted 12 years ago

This depends on the topic I am writing on and the supportive reading & images I use. In my case, some finance related hubs need more reading it took more time. But sometimes it depends on whether you are enjoying writing or not. It is fun to assemble capsules to create a hubpage.

1. hi friend profile image61
      hi friendposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It usually takes a fortnight according to the ideas we formulated

46. hi friend profile image61
    hi friendposted 11 years ago

At first we find some difficulty for creating a good hub owing to the scarcity of ideas. but by experience our hub can be improved.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)