jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can I change the topic on an already published hub?

1. collegatariat profile image82
    collegatariatposted 6 years ago

Can I change the topic on an already published hub?

When I joined Hubpages, I didn't understand the way topical organization was used.  Now I would like to change the topics on some of my hubs for a neater profile page, but can't figure it out.  Is this something that can be done?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

First of all, the topic is the subject of your hub. The topic is what you are writing about.  I think you mean categories,  If your hubs are in the wrong category, you will get flagged. 

So if you don't want a lot of categories, stick to topics that fall under one or two categories.

But yes. Go to hub.  Look at top of hub, just above title.  It lists the category and subcatagories. At the end, there is edit. Click on edit, and change your catagory to an appropriate one.

3. nicregi profile image75
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Yes you can. At the top of the title, there should be edit button which you can edit it and fit the right category. However, if you are talking about changing the title and content, I would suggest you not. This ie because when you publishe on HubPages, Google will cache it and changing it might make you lose some links etc. smile

4. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can, and you can also change the title, but the URL will remain the same. So it is better to start a new hub for a new topic.

5. Lawfull Richard profile image60
    Lawfull Richardposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can though you will have to send it for check and then it will be publish if it does not violate any policy. Which I have not seen any policy violated by the topic. However, I believe there are some.

working