jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should we use hub topics as tags?

1. sholland10 profile image94
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

Should we use hub topics as tags?

Do hub topics as tags bring in more traffic?

2. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

I don't see why not, unless the Hub topic is long and doesn't constitute a phrase.  The point of tags is to make Hubs easier for search engines to identify, so if the topic is a search term that will likely be looked for and steer people to your Hub, you might as well use it.

3. learner365 profile image78
    learner365posted 6 years ago

The point of tags is to make your Hub visible in the search engines.So why not , you can use the topic as a tag.However the length of the Hub title should be taken care of.The more advisable is to choose specific words and use them as tags.

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Tags are used by some search engines but not others.  In particular, Google doesn't bother looking at the tags.  Having said that, tags are still useful as internal indexing (e.g. I believe they play a role in displaying 'related hubs' - which can generate you traffic that way e.g. when a reader is on a related hub and then clicks on yours from there). Also you can use tags to help generate RSS feeds between your inter-related articles - but the tags don't need to be long for this.

So don't get overly hung up on tags - just use ones that reflect what you are writing about - this may include the title of the hub topic, but not if it's too long.

So my conclusion is the same as Rock_nj and learner365 which is that if it constitutes too long of a phrase (more than a few words) it could be a problem.  Otherwise sure, why not?

5. sholland10 profile image94
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

Thanks!  All your answers were helpful.

working