jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is hub pages generally just useful for back links and talking with other blogger

1. stuff4you profile image66
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

Is hub pages generally just useful for back links and talking with other bloggers?

as a reminder, hub pages makes you split your earnings. if you can insert an article onto hub pages, you can on your own blog or website. (this is a blogging site but I mean more like Blogger, Wordpress, etc).

I don't think its worth it for most of your articles to be on web sites like Hub Pages or Squidoo since there are so many limitations with what you can do.

but then again it depends on what your goals are.

However, sites like HP have the advantage of a high page rank in search engines...

2. naeemebrahimjee profile image78
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 6 years ago

I agree with you in many ways;

but websites like Hubpages form communities
    and with that comes writers and readers

If you are writing just to share your knowledge, Places like these are great! They really help expose up and coming writers..

It's also a really easy platform to start with!

3. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I might have thought that at one time, but post-panda my main site only makes two or three times the income that I am getting from HP and that's with 15 to 20 times the daily page views.  It used to be much better, but Panda caused me to lose a lot of powerful organic back links (kind of a trickle down effect, I guess) and things just are not what they used to be :-(

Even with the income split, HP is far, far outperforming my own pages.  I'm not giving up on that site, but I am putting more and more here as a result.

YMMV, of course.

4. AllieRambles profile image61
    AllieRamblesposted 6 years ago

I actually was hoping for a good answer also and Pcunix gave it.  So many are quick to bash HP but I am finding I like to write here.  It is simple and I see results right away.  I don't have to look everywhere for a community, they are right here.  Given, many hubs I come across are rubish but the others are amazing!

5. nicregi profile image78
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Yes yes yes! HubPages is great for backlinking. That's why I am here smile

HubPages is great and I love it. Since I have my own website, I generate traffic to both ends for a win-win situation.