jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Important is your profile in promoting you as an author?

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

How Important is your profile in promoting you as an author?

I have heard the talk about how Google likes credentials and am wondering how important (and why) is the profile page for a hubber.  There are the number of followers, the accolades, our bio, some stats, and hubtivity.   How important are these components to the marketing our our self to search engines and traffic sources outside of hubapges?

2. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Google is trying to build a database about people, their age, work etc etc. To be honest, I think they are trying to minimize LinkedIn through Google Plus so G+ is not just about competing with facebook. The only search engine that matters at the moment is google. It looks like Google don't want things that don't reveal personal details (Avatars)
    An example is my own Avatar which is banned from Google+ but accepted by facebook http://whoisbid.blogspot.com/

3. Maralexa profile image84
    Maralexaposted 6 years ago

I believe that we should use our profile to include the major key words we use to identify and promote our 'key' hubs.  By key, I mean those hubs that are obviously in niches that we want to emphasize as our main areas of concentration.

It seems to me that Google searches our Profile to determine where/how to rank us and if we have cohesion with our profile and our hubs we look better to Google. 

I am not quite sure what you mean by credentials.  My credentials don't help me with what I am writing about now.  So I emphasize what I like to write about, including mentioning the names of some of my hubs.

Interesting question.  I think it has much more in it than we might see at first glance.  In other words, it might make a good forum thread.

4. anupma profile image79
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

It is really very important as it presents you before your reader. It is said- first impression is the last impression, so it must be impressive.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

My Hub Profile provides an insight to my reader as to the kind of person they are reading about or from. In my case it says I am a religious person and i write about religious things.