jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why do all of my questions get DELETED!

1. Brandon E Newman profile image69
    Brandon E Newmanposted 6 years ago

Why do all of my questions get DELETED!

Every time I ask a question that gets lots of responses, it gets deleted. The email says: Your recent question has been removed because it encouraged a discussion rather than a Hub or short answer. Surveys and poll-type questions do not belong in the Q&A section.

I have noticed that most of the questions that aren't deleted, provoke much discussion.
    I will ask no more.

2. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Then just ask in the forums the next time smile

3. wilbury4 profile image70
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

I've had that happen...
    I think that to be a question on here, it should be capable of being answered in one attempt by each person who answers it. If certain questions generate the need to come back to and add aditional content (answers) in response to what others have answered then the question is a debatable point (an arguement). Post the same questions that "Hubpages" has deleted on a "forum" and all should be fine.

4. brandasaur profile image60
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

It happened to me twice. And the first time, i thought maybe its because of my question (and it is about Osama Bin Laden). The second time my question got deleted, i really went curious since my question is such a good question it earned a lot of answers before they closed/deleted it. According to what ive read, one of the reasons why they close/delete a question is when its a question with YES/NO answer only. Your question may be also got flagged if it has any violations or offense. Hope this helps!

5. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

It's not the amount of answers to your questions that's the problem. Most likely people will return to discuss their answers or you in return have submitted an answer. If you ask a question you cannot submit an answer, even if it's only to thank your readers. Questions that warrant this kind of discussion belong in the forums.

6. flowmeter profile image58
    flowmeterposted 6 years ago

I have not had this happen to me yet but I have seen it happens to many people.

7. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5858388_f260.jpg

Not sure how to answer this question it seems like it will also get deleted, lol.  Still have no clue as to why they do what they do, but my best answer is because they can. 

Someone has authority over everything we do here, so that is the best answer I can muster for ya.  That someone obviously had some issue with how you presented the question. 

Mine gets deleted as well, so don't take it personal "Someone's always got an eye on things on hubpages, you better believe it."

8. Steve Orion profile image76
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

That's not needed, but sometimes mine are deleted too even though they might be less personal than another question. It's arbitrary deletion, but oh well.

9. Seeker7 profile image94
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I had that happen to me a while back - every question I put on it was getting, like yourself, deleted. It got to the point that I got so p------ off with it that I complained  to Hub Pages staff about it. The reason I did so was that there was no way my questions were causing debate/discussion as much as many of the questions being left were. I honestly thought for a while, childish I know, that I was getting picked on, and it certainly seemed like that. But I can understand your feelings, for quite a while, I didn't post any questions either. And as I pointed out to Hub Pages, it's not everyone who likes forums. Hub Pages have a very supportive and genuinely nice crowd of folks writing here, but on the forums, I've never met so many arrogant, rude and needlessly aggressive people! So many people prefer to use the questions/answers rather than face the forum. But it is so annoying and frustrating when your questions get deleted like that when others are left alone and they are creating mega discussions.

working