jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I have changed a few hub's titles to increase their traffic, will the hubs orig

1. Kurant82 profile image68
    Kurant82posted 6 years ago

I have changed  a few hub's titles to increase their traffic, will the hubs original url effect that

I have spent the past 8 hours changing  titles to some of my hubs by optimizing the most effective, efficient, and lucrative key words in the first 65 characters of each of these hubs titles. Although I have change my hub titles so that they are much more appealing to search engines, etc, etc, will the fact that I cannot change my hubs original URL to match my hubs new titles negatively impact this?

2. Writer Fox profile image59
    Writer Foxposted 6 years ago

The URL of a webpage IS the title of the webpage.  You will view the title at the very top of your browser when you are a webpage. It is also the title that shows when your webpage appears as a listing on search engine results.

What I believe you are referring on your hub is known as an H1 tag.  It's very important, but is not the true webpage title.

If you really want to change the URL/title of your hub, delete the hub and start a new hub with the URL/title you really want.

3. rambansal profile image59
    rambansalposted 6 years ago

By changing title of a hubpage, url is not affected and it remains the same. Even search engines register the pages through their titles, and the url has no effect on them. For this reason, hubpages recommends title-tuning even at later stages.

4. plussize-lingerie profile image61
    plussize-lingerieposted 6 years ago

Url, Title and H1 tags are all different. All 3 are thought to have some impact on SEO, but URL has the least impact supposedly. Domain name has an effect, but not so much filename (URL).

So, to answer your question, yes the fact you can't change the URL and then do a 301 redirect which is what you'd do on your own site will potentially have an impact on SEO.

However, it should be more than outweighed by improvements as the title tag is the biggest single on page factor that you can influence for SEO.

Bear in mind other on-page elements will have to match your title. In other words a well optimised title, but one that doesn't correlate to the content of the page itself, won't help. If the title mirrors the page content well though, then the title changes should help your search rankings.

Hope that helps.

working