jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you get traffic to Recipe Hubs?

1. Joe Macho profile image97
    Joe Machoposted 6 years ago

How do you get traffic to Recipe Hubs?

I've really enjoyed writing recipes, but the traffic never seems all that great. I get a good amount of views from Reddit, but after a few days, traffic is back to a trickle. Does anyone have some ideas as to where I can post the links? Some food/cooking specific places?

2. leroy64 profile image82
    leroy64posted 6 years ago

It's been my experience that recipe hubs do well over time; but, the traffic is steady  rather than spectacular.   I am sure that performance varies with writing styles and subjects.   The only thing that has really worked for me is time.

3. missolive profile image95
    missoliveposted 6 years ago

If you have a blog add a recipe page.
    Add your hubs to RedGage - I just started there and I am starting to see traffic.
    Create a Google+ account and include the links to your stream - I see many recipes on there.
    Try Yahoo! Answers - I see several people seeking recipes. You can add your link - eventually the link will be hyperlinked after you earn 250 points.

Best of luck! smile

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

I don't do a lot of recipes but I do read them if one catches my eye, for my tastes. You can take your recipe, if it is a holiday recipe, and revamp it for a year-round recipe, a diinner party recipe, family picnic recipe, or for another holiday.  There is one her called a rainbow cake I believe. That recipe could be revamped and made in colors such as red, white and blue for 4th of July party, a Welcome Home for a family member who has been deployed by the military.  Take that apple pie, pumpkin pie recipe and turn them into tarts.  Cake recipes can be changed to cake or cupcakes for baby showers, bridal showers, wedding cakes, children's birthday parties, etc.  Just some ideas.

So you can keep the original article, but use the same ingredients, with some changes to create entirely new recipes such as the ideas I listed above.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

I have no problem getting my recipes out to my readers and receiving comments. After you post a hub you have the opportunity to share your hub with others simply click share at the bottom of the page.