How can I get my links in my Hubs to open in a new window?

1. skylergreene profile image60
    skylergreeneposted 6 years ago

How can I get my links in my Hubs to open in a new window?

All the links from my Hubs open in the same window.  But it seems some people have managed to figure out a way to get them to open in a new window.  How can I do that?

2. ktrapp profile image98
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

What you do is go into the html in a text capsule and add target="_blank"  to the link's code. I can't type it exactly here since html won't show up in an answer.

But hold off on this. I just read this morning (by a Pcunix comment  on a Mark Ewbie hub) that Google may consider your page abandoned after it has been left for a given amount of time and its bouncerate would be no different than if no time was ever spent on your page.

So apparently if someone spent a lot of time reading your hub, clicked on a link which opened a new window, Google doesn't have an exit time for your page (since it is still open). I have asked Pcunix a question about this and will let you know what I find out.

3. skylergreene profile image60
    skylergreeneposted 6 years ago

Kristin, you're ridiculously helpful.  Anyone ever told you that?

Thanks.  My reasoning for wanting to have it open in a new window was a little less pagerank-oriented: I don't want my readers clicking on a link to a long article then getting engrossed in that article and forgetting all about my poor Hub.

I will await that information eagerly!

working