jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Does it matter how long someone views my page for?

1. Beth Pipe profile image85
    Beth Pipeposted 6 years ago

Does it matter how long someone views my page for?

I know the number of page views is important, and clearly Hubpages tracks how long someone is one your hub as you get an award relating to people reading your hubs to the end, but is there a financial implication in how long someone views your hub?

2. missolive profile image93
    missoliveposted 6 years ago

Hi Beth - I do know there is a minimum amount of time for an impression to be calculated. What I do not know is how long that is.

I look forward to following this question and see what others have to say,

Great question.

3. bizwin profile image59
    bizwinposted 6 years ago

I'll like to know the answer too. I'm curious to know.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image80
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if it really matters with the exception of making an impression. I heard in the beginning that the longer they spend on the page, the more likely they are to click an ad. Is that true? I don't know. It depends on if the ad interests them.

5. RPirate profile image60
    RPirateposted 6 years ago

The more they view your page, the more they love you! smile smile So yes! It does matter for that!

6. brianwhitskey24 profile image56
    brianwhitskey24posted 6 years ago

How much i know it refers to the topic you have shared, if it interests your reader he/she will definetly will want to stay on you page and read your whole article and most probably will be impressed with your hub and even he/she would like to click the ad you have displayed on your hubpage. it is called bounce rate... it really tells how fresh and good your content and page is.

7. rLcasaLme profile image74
    rLcasaLmeposted 6 years ago

hmm... this makes sense. if HubPages will give the authors some benefits if their readers will stay longer, i'm certain people will avoid producing frivolous hubs, thus, gives HubPages more credibility and more authority on producing rich content articles.
    Well, I say this because some hubbers just produce hubs just for the sake of increasing their numbers.
    If the answer to the question is on the affirmative, then, that'll be so rewarding and a relief. smile

8. Adalie profile image56
    Adalieposted 6 years ago

The more someone views your pages the better. My guess is that if the person stays long enough, she or he will see your ads and maybe click a few ads or buy something depending on what programs you are using to make money on hubpages.

9. Cardisa profile image94
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

If you visit your individual hub stats and go to hub metrics, look carefully you will see "view duration". HP calculates the duration of a view and compares it to the estimated view that a page might generate depending on word count. Views are calculated between 1 & 5 stars.

The longer someone spends reading your hubs the better it is for you. If they don't spend much time reading then HP system will calculate that your hub is not very interesting, informative or entertaining.

The more 5 stars you have the better your hub ranks and there is even an accolade for that.

10. profile image49
    shohaib1posted 6 years ago

I am not sure, Whether there is financial implication for longer page views, but I am sure about the number of page views definitely have greater financial implications than earliest.