jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Adsense only showing 5% of page views

1. Butterfly67 profile image91
    Butterfly67posted 4 months ago

So I was checking my adsense reports and when I go to view the site report for wehavekids.com I only see about 5% of the page views that are showing on my account totals in Hubpages. I thought that there was an adsense ad on every page or am I wrong in thinking this (or just missing something!)?

1. promisem profile image98
      promisemposted 4 months agoin reply to this

I think you get 1 out of 6 ad impressions from AdSense, which is about 16% of the total impressions. But AdSense might not display any ads at all if there are no relevant ads to show, which can bring the impression percentage down.

My articles with the highest page views get about 1 out of 6. My articles with low page views often don't show any AdSense impressions. So an article with low page views also might bring the percentage down.

1. Butterfly67 profile image91
        Butterfly67posted 4 months agoin reply to this

Oh that is interesting promisem, I didn't realise that, thanks.

1. promisem profile image98
          promisemposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Glad to help!

2. Butterfly67 profile image91

Anyone?
    I guess I need to email hubpages if I don't figure this out...

3. CYong74 profile image98
    CYong74posted 4 months ago

I believe not every hit = an impression. Even with the HubPages Ad program, impressions are typically a fraction of total hits.

This is likely because of viewers who do not finish reading or surf away too quickly. The Adsense ad, so I've heard, is right at the bottom. So some viewers might not have scrolled to that.

4. Butterfly67 profile image91

Thanks, I guess that could explain some of it but only 5% seems quite excessively low...

working