jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does Google recognize our domain ( you.hubpages.com) as individuals or as a sing

1. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Does Google recognize our domain ( you.hubpages.com) as individuals or as a single unit?

The question that woke me up this morning was whether or not Google differentiates each of our accounts as individual or as a single unit... when promote or visit other hubpage hubs....???

Does active participation and commenting help or hinder?

2. homesteadbound profile image89
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

I will wait for the answer with you. Good question!

3. georgethegent profile image61
    georgethegentposted 6 years ago

This might sound like a stupid question Dave, but what is the difference between "individual" and "single" units? I'm perplexed.

4. davenmidtown profile image89
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Hi georgethegent... lol... I meant... group.. .not single... It was quite early for me to be awake..

5. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Google recognizes each hubpages account as subdomains...yes!

Each account is separate that is why, in the hubs stats you can tell from which other domain visits came from, for example you may see some traffic from another hubbers account. Someone might have clicked on a link from the related hubs section so it records that visit as unique.

All traffic is now recorded as separate, HP traffic is from hopping and clicking on hubs form the hubs category, all other traffic names the sources such as the hubbers domain.

I hope I explained it well.

The simple answer would have been yes. Active participation does help, it's like getting traffic from other websites.

6. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Great question and I look forward to reading a few of the answers here!

7. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

yeah good question. now that hubpages has reorganised i am not sure if anyone has noticed any difference with google rankings

8. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

@ George this is what he meant:
    Individual in a sense you and me are different websites
    A single unit -we are one under a single website namely HP

9. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

We are individual subdomains of the main domain Hubpages. It is like a craft site that has a subdomain for scrapbooking, another for crochet, another for sewing etc. You get some of the authority from the original domain, but each subdomain stands on its own at the same time.

Being on Hubpages does help us right now, but if Panda would slap them again, it could harm us at the same time. The rank that Hubpages has with Google for now anyways, is higher than we could probably reach with our own website.