How to follow a topic

1. profile image49
    auskanposted 6 years ago

How to follow a topic

I found a topic I am interested in and would like to mark it so I can find it again later.  I read the FAQ's that say to click the "follow this topic" button on the right but I have looked and looked several times today and can't see that button

2. David Legg 7 profile image73
    David Legg 7posted 6 years ago

If you are talking about a topic, and not a specific hub, click on "Topics" , just below the HubPages logo at the top of the page, and then navigate to the topic you want to follow. You should find the "Follow" button there. If you are trying to follow a specific hub, when you look at the bottom of the comment box, there will be a Follow option for the hub.
    Hope this helps!

3. profile image49
    auskanposted 6 years ago

No, that's the problem.  Prior to posting the question, I had already looked everywhere on the topic, looked at the FAQ's etc.  The "follow" button that is referenced is simply not on the topic.  The only solution I was able to find was to follow the hubber but that is a pain.  I have to go to the hubber and look through the extensive list of their hubs, to find that topic again.  What I want to do is to just follow THAT topic, but when I go to THAT topic, there is no option to follow it.  Is this something that can be added to Hub Pages, because honestly, it feels like a big waste of time without it....

To give you an idea of what I am seeing.  When I open the topic, on the left is the topic title, a picture, and the text.  On the right is a picture of the hubber, with their name, number of followers etc.  Under that is an advertisement.  Under that is another box which has the options:
    Read more hubs by [hubber name]
    Contact [hubber]
    Bookmark this hub (tried that - not sure what it did but it certainly didn't mark the topic in a way that makes it easier to find in the future)
    Then there is a box of related hubs, followed by a box of tags and another ad.
    If I scroll through the text of the topic, it is followed by comments - and that is all that is on the page.