jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What's the best advice you can give to a new hubber who wants to earn money writ

1. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image80
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

What's the best advice you can give to a new hubber who wants to earn money writing on hubpages ?

2. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Write hubs that are over 700 words and that key in on key phrases by repeating them within the hubs, so they will be picked up by search engines.  Promoting your hubs on the Internet will help you get page views and earnings; however, having well written and informative hubs that get search engine hits is the way to make money in the long run on HubPages without spending too much time on the Internet promoting them.  Just keep in mind that it takes some time for the search engines to start listing your hubs.  If they are good, they can show up on the first page on Google.  I have the #1 spot on Google for the search term "Details Regarding the Facebook IPO" for a hub I wrote on that topic.  Google takes HubPages seriously.

3. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Don't build so quickly that you don't get a chance to learn from the successes and failures of your own Hubs.  They will give you better info about what works or doesn't work for you than advice from others.

Read the FAQ and the Learning Center.  Take your time doing this as you casually build Hubs.  Create one new Hub per week, not per day.  Make them the best that you can at the time, and as you learn new things that work, go back and improve ones that haven't been edited in a while.

And be ready for it to take a couple of years to get the hang of making Hubs that make money.  You have to learn what works best for you, and that doesn't come quickly.

4. Earl S. Wynn profile image83
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

There's not much advice I can add beyond what Rock and Relache have already said, but in my own experience, I would say the most important thing to do is to stick with it no matter what. Persistence is the key to success in the writing industry, wherever you go. You have to keep hitting keys and keeping your chin up no matter what happens.

5. dumindu89 profile image71
    dumindu89posted 6 years ago

Adhere Google Adsense policies, write useful hubs often and be impatient.

6. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image80
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

Very useful answers. I will read again and again to really digest the informations you all gave.

7. Jason Lim profile image60
    Jason Limposted 6 years ago

Don't focus on earning the money. Focus on producing quality and concise content. The money will come eventually.

8. lex123 profile image64
    lex123posted 6 years ago

Keep writing more and more useful articles which people are looking for. It will take sometime to see some money for your hard work. But don't get desperate and give up. Continue writing regularly, and promoting each hub through social media. Eventually search engines will pick up your hubs and more and more people will get the chance to read your hub when they look for that information, which will gradually bring money to your account. Many will give up  seeing no results after few hubs. Don't do that. Keep writing. The more quality hubs you have the more money will ultimately be generated.

9. Hubpage Gal profile image61
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

My best advice to a new hubber is to write consistently at least three articles a day on a topic of interest to an intended audience.  To earn money on Hubpages takes patience and determination.

It takes about four months of writing to earn the $150.00 that is required to receive a check. The payment system on Hubpages has changed since  2009 and now the writing site uses PayPal.  The pay is slower as  a result so write as many articles daily as possible. Make each hub important with the use of Search Engine Optimization, SEO.

SEO is no more than using key words so that the article is searchable on Google.  Keywords should only be used on 5% of the article's content and the topic  should be limited in characters. 

Use Google Insight for Search to ascertain that the topic is searchable and Google Keyword Tool for keyword usage.  Money can be earned with Hubpage affiliates Amazon to sell books or eBay to sell  products relevant to the article.

Also use the search tool on Hubpages to find out how other hubbers are earning money.

working