why aren't i making money?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)
  1. homes88m profile image60
    homes88mposted 14 years ago

so i started on hubpages like 4 days ago, which i know is really recent, but i have joined amazon and google affiliate programs and aren't making any money. I have had 49 impressions today and no clicks. I have 10 hubs and all of them have amazon adds, i get about 100 views a day, which i figure is very solid for 4 days. Anyway, any idea why I'm not seeing anything from google? I can understand that amazon isn't gonna be nearly as profitable as google, but why isn't google doing anything, i havent made a cent in google, im ranting

please help

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Way Way Way too soon to get worried about it, it can take months before you see a cent, but if you're patient and keep working at it you can make a few bucks here and there (and some people make a lot more), but it ain't no get rich quick scheme.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I make more money with Amazon that I do with google. But - not after 4 days. If you are expecting to make money that fast - you are sure to be disappointed.

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My advice would be to develop a realistic attitude towards web writing and how long it takes to make it a profitable venture.

Google barely knows you exist, if at all.  Don't take it personally.

I'd also like to offer up two pieces of genuinely-sincere advice:

1) entertainment topics are some of the lowest paying on the internet even though they attract a crapload of traffic.

2) Run spell check and read back what you wrote more than once before you publish it.  Having spelling errors, correctly-spelled-but-otherwise-completely-wrong words or bad grammar doesn't help build a readership.

4. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You need to give up. Throw in the towel.

But seriously, if you want instant money fast you're better off getting a real job.

Publishing online is a long term proposition. Not sure what you've read so far, but it requires a lot of hard work, knowing all the ins and outs, and creative talent.

2. homes88m profile image60

okay, thanks, also, how do i improve the amount of views from google i get?

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm still pretty new here myself, but it's mainly a mix of writing original content based around a specific keyword or niche, maybe getting a few links to it from other sites, and other various methods unique to each individual hubber, there are loads of great hubs around on Hubpages that can guide you in this kind of thing.  Have a look about, or hopefully some other hubbers will pop by your thread shortly to point you in the right direction.

3. sunstreeks profile image83
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

100 views is cool, but are they from within hubpages or search engine traffic? You want SE traffic to make money and it takes time for articles to be found in the search engines. Especially in the beginning while they are still being indexed.

Best advice.. Start here. Do some research on how others make money here.
    http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages/mak … pages/2952

4. Kelsey Tallis profile image62
    Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years ago

Um, some people can take a year or more to get a payout from Google. Basically the more hubs you do the better your luck is.

Also, do a search on here for Google Adsense, you should be able to find find hubs and forum threads with advice...

5. aidenofthetower profile image66
    aidenofthetowerposted 14 years ago

Definitely too soon...plus while 10 hubs is great for four days...it isn't very many in the long scheme of things. You need to give your hubs time to get indexed with the search engines and such as well...give it time and work on more hubs and you will see the money come. However, it won't be a ton of money and it won't come easy.

6. myra636 profile image61
    myra636posted 14 years ago

Don't worry it will come, one word of advice do not be tempted to get others to click on your ads believe me it is not worth loseing your adsence account over time. be sure you read and under stand all of the tos from google or any site

7. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

It takes time to make money, and even more time to enough to brag about. Patience is the key.

8. broalexdotinfo profile image57
    broalexdotinfoposted 14 years ago

You need to have hundreds of articles published if you want to make a living of it. It's way to early to worry about your income just yet..

Start promoting your hubs (optimize them for the search engines and you'll soon see more traffic and your earnings increasing steadily.

Al.

9. homes88m profile image60

i have read all the replies,thanks for all the help, today i made a penny, so i guess that's a start, haha

10. informixx profile image61
    informixxposted 14 years ago

just continue writing hubs with quality content and make sure that your readers would keep coming back to read your latest hubs big_smile

11. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

The wheels of the great god Google grind slow but exceeding fine.

12. homes88m profile image60

make it 13 cents! i understand its not going to be a quick paying thing, i was mainly wondering why out of like 50 impressions, i had no clicks, i thought maybe id done something wrong, but i think i see now that its about getting traffic so that iget more impressions and itll slowly build, thtanks everybody

13. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I joined on April 22nd-ish and it took me 8 days to earn my first .13 cents.

Now, I've almost reached payout, so it can be done. I have spent a LOT of time on here, however. If you spend an hour or two a day, it will take you longer to reach payout. I'm in between jobs right now. I don't even want to say how much time I spend writing and researching on here. big_smile

You just have to write lots of quality hubs that bring in targeted traffic. Make sure your hubs have ads that correspond closely to the topic before you spend time writing. Think of a topic you want to write on and google it. Are there tons of targeted ads for it in the right hand column of the search results? Chances are, those same, targeted ads will be in your hub, too.

I just wrote a hub on safe, electronic candles. I knew it'd have plenty of relevant ads because of all the research I did prior to writing. Now, when visitors arrive at my hub, they have around 20 ad links to potentially click that all closely relate to my targeted topic of candle safety. The ads will provide them with additional information that they are seeking out.

You're going to have to write a TON of entertainment hubs to get traffic that equals clicks. You may also want consider writing on other topics, that pay more and get more clicks.

Good luck!

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is good advice if i must say so. I have to research my topics before writing. Hmmm i never thought of that, though i read it somewhere during my 'researching-the-IM-world'
      Im having a few difficulties with a couple of my hubs. but i think i know how to approach my topic plans now.
      Thanks for the tips.

14. nyliram profile image58
    nyliramposted 14 years ago

I think that, you must always remember, that you will not make money immediately.
    To all those, whom wait good things will come.
    Good Luck. You are amongst friends.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)