jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Copied Content, Flagged and not yet not removed...Why?

1. steveamy profile image60
    steveamyposted 6 years ago

Copied Content, Flagged and not yet not removed...Why?

I have identified a series of Hubs, that are about the same topic,   as being copied content, I have flagged them and noted from where they were copied  and yet nothing has been done about it -- the copied Hubs remain.  Why is this the case?

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

It will take upto 24 hours I guess until someone sees the flag report. HP has just 24 staff and not all of them are mods. There's lots of flagging going on and they have to check them all out. I'm sure action is taken ASAP. You do your part and the rest is done.

3. dumindu89 profile image73
    dumindu89posted 6 years ago

Usually, hubpages automatic system detects duplicate hubs and unpublish them automatically. Since you have flagged them hubpages staff will check and take necessary actions as soon as possible.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Admin response times will vary depending on the length of the moderation queue.  It can actually sometimes take closer to 36-48 hours for moderators to respond to a flag.  My own anecdotal experience seems to indicate that certain flags and more grievous violations are responded to faster than others.  When a lot of site users flag a bad situation, it moves it further up the queue faster.

5. Daisy Mariposa profile image86
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

As Brandon already mentioned, HubPages has a staff of 24. Of those 24, only about 1/3 are moderators. It sometimes take a few days for all flagged items to be researched.

6. steveamy profile image60
    steveamyposted 6 years ago

I am talking about more than two weeks response time which seems a little long..

7. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Hi Steve,

You say that are on the same topic. Are they worded exactly the same or simply about the same thing? If they are worded differently, then where are they copied from? I'm just wondering if they are actually duplicate content. If so, then HP staff is probably just backlogged. This is a huge site for a couple dozen people to oversee with a ton of activity. I can see it taking a while. I'm sure they also have to be certain the research flags carefully and make sure there is a violation before they act.

working