jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If I have an update on a hub, what is easiest way to let Google know? I still

1. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

If I have an update on a hub,  what is easiest way to let Google know?  I still don't understand RSS

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

There's no reason to let Google know, Google just knows as it is.  Their "web crawlers" or "spiders" crawl the "world wide web" constantly.

Whenever you add content, change content, or improve content on the web - Google figures it out, and I mean quickly.

Whenever I find something to improve on a hub that I might have published a year or more ago?  Google sees it within 24 hours, as the next day there is nearly always if not always a little red arrow to let me know that traffic spiked either some or plenty on an older hub.

3. seattleamilehigh1 profile image60
    seattleamilehigh1posted 6 years ago

ya they do it all already, no need to send anything out. It's in your contract with google somewhere.

4. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

hmmm i dont think theres any way you can let google know. google will know when they know haha! that is when they crawl your hub again

5. Rain Defence profile image92
    Rain Defenceposted 6 years ago

I find with my hubs that they get indexed very quickly by google and then show up in the search results, mostly on the day they're published, but if I make a change, then it takes google sometimes several weeks before it recrawls the hub and updates the search results. It doesn't really matter too much, even if it's a week or two later, it will eventually happen.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Google knows all, they can read your mind, they probably knew before you did smile

7. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

You don't need to do anything, but if you were not getting any traffic before then maybe consider unpublishing for a few hours then republishing especially for major updates, also consider updating your keywords and tags. Once Google crawls your hubs then you just leave it.