jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What happens with rude or immature comments?

1. inspired2excel profile image75
    inspired2excelposted 6 years ago

What happens with rude or immature comments?

Is it a standard to tolerate comments that are not appropriate or is there a policy to adhere to when commenting on other people's questions? If so, how do we make known that others are not being ethical or allowing a safe place to express ourselves and seek advice?

2. brittanytodd profile image92
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

You can either vote down the answer by clicking on the red arrow underneath the answer, or, if the answer is very offensive and violates the terms, you can flag the answerer's profile and include a link to the page their answer is on. 

I always wished there was a way to flag answers for being inaccurate or overly hateful, but I understand that it would be a lot of work for the staff to sort through the flagged answers and determine which are accurate and appropriate.

3. truthfornow profile image80
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

You got to just ignore them as best you can because people who are mean and inappropriate are looking for your negative attention.  Ignoring them might make them move on and bug another person with their rude comments. There are a number of people who make mean comments on people's hubs and in the forums to try to get into fights ~ it is best to not engage them.

4. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6009885_f260.jpg

I allow the troll comments but only once (yesterday) flagged a profile that signed onto hubpages for the sole reason of commenting.

5. inspired2excel profile image75
    inspired2excelposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your answers. I did send a note to one of the posters about their insensitivity and mentioned that this forum is supposed to promote expression, but not squelch it. I am sure they won't understand it for a number of years or until others say something that inhibits their creative writing expression.

I am glad most of us are on here for the good reasons. Thanks again.

working