jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is there anything like a best time and worst time for posting hubs?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Is there anything like a best time and worst time for posting hubs?

This is in context to get the maximum number of readers from hubpages.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

I've seen this asked before. I usually post early in the day, say between 8 and 10am, unless I really can't stand it, then I post whenever I'm done. I'm not sure it makes any difference.

3. MarleneB profile image99
    MarleneBposted 6 years ago

This is a good question and actually one I have pondered. I think since HubPages has readers from all over the world, that people would be reading our posts at all hours of the day. My experience is that I receive the majority of reader feedback between the hours of 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. (Pacific Standard Time).

4. mesacleanpools profile image59
    mesacleanpoolsposted 6 years ago

During US prime-time zones  would be best, between 4pm EST-10pm  EST would be the best due to high activity in the US

5. CZCZCZ profile image84
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

I do think there is a best time for posting hubs and it is during the business hours of the US.  I used to write most of my hubs in the evening and would just post them when I finished.  Once I changed to writing and then posting in the morning my initial view count was much better regardless the topic of the hub, if it was posted in the morning Pacific Standard time versus late in the evening.  I also always post to twitter, fb, stumbleupon, etc. and there is more other users on those sites at the peak times as well, so I think it is more of when are people engaging with the web and looking for stuff.

6. Rain Defence profile image92
    Rain Defenceposted 6 years ago

I guess there probably is an optimum time, but it's not anything I worry about. I just publish when done. If done right sooner or later it will find itself on google page 1 and the time you published it will be irrelevant.

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

I don't think this matters because if you post a hub late in the day, morning readers will find it the next morning.

8. awordlover profile image82
    awordloverposted 6 years ago

I am a 'late at night' or 'early in the morning' writer. So I post in both time spans. I really don't think it has much to do WHEN you post as to WHAT you post and the search tags you give to your work. 

If someone is following YOU, they will read whatever you write, whenever you post. But if someone is following a certain subject or category, and just uses search options each time they are on HP, it wouldn't matter when you posted it but it would matter what tags you assigned so that it would show up in their search. I haven't seen any statistics as to when the HIGH search times are on HP, so that might be an interesting tidbit to learn - might help writers decide optimal times to post.

With all that said, I have found in my experience anything I post from late Friday night until late Sunday night has less views and comments than the Monday to Friday readers (probably reading at work! LOL).  Makes for a long weekend when you are looking for feedback. 

Just my own opinion and personal experience with HP.

9. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Great question which I have wondered about many times. I live in the UK and usually put my hubs on around 3pm. I'm not sure if the time of publishing makes a difference to the amount of times that hubs will be viewed.

working