jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

I keep getting the Great Hubpages Citizen Accolade, but it disappears daily. Wh

1. DougBerry profile image83
    DougBerryposted 6 years ago

I keep getting the Great Hubpages Citizen Accolade, but it disappears daily.  What's going on?

By evening, I have the purple thumbs up/thumbs down.  In the morning, it's generally gone.  Does it require near-constant action to keep this Accolade?

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image77
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

it will do that in the beginning. mine did it to. i just kept commenting and voting on hubs and in the forums and eventually it stayed.

3. Jlbowden profile image92
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Hi Doug:

I never knew that there was an accolade for a Hubpages Citizen. Is this something new? because I do not recall an accolade like this, when I started writing for hubpages. Then again, this was over a year ago. Possibly something only newer writers are getting. But now since you mentioned it, how do I go about getting one?

Jl

4. DougBerry profile image83
    DougBerryposted 6 years ago

JlBowden, it seems to be for reading other people's hubs, voting them up or down, and flagging inappropriate hubs.  I'm amazed at the number of purely promotional hubs for businesses I find when hopping...

Oh, yeah, and for participating in the forums.  I'm not doing that.  Mainly just reading and reacting to things.

And yeah, you've got one.

5. BlossomSB profile image94
    BlossomSBposted 6 years ago

I'm comparatively new, so I don't understand these things yet, but will be following with interest. I was surprised and delighted to receive one and think they're a great idea for encouragement.

6. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Mine does the same thing. Not sure if it will stick or not. Should be interesting to see what happens.

7. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

Just keep doing what you're doing. Stop for any length of time and it will lapse..

8. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 6 years ago

I earned mine yesterday - made me feel proud in fact :-)
    Today it's gone from  my profile.
    Am guessing one must continue being more and more involved here to keep it.

9. watergeek profile image97
    watergeekposted 5 years ago

I was just awarded one . . . they said via email. But nothing ever showed up on my profile. Now that I've read the replies here, I understand it better and know what to look for. Thanks.

working