jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why do people with zero hubs have followers?

1. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

Why do people with zero hubs have followers?

2. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

Because they followed someone with a habit of following anyone who follows them. I only follow people whose hubs I want to read and quite a few others do this also. That is how we are encouraged to do it. If we follow a bunch of hubbers and never read their work, our hub score can go down.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I followed the 2 people who joined under my referral but neither has written anything. Sometimes it could be a case like that.

Then again, some people will follow every person they come across out of the misguided idea that they will automatically follow them back.

4. DougBerry profile image83
    DougBerryposted 6 years ago

It could also be a case where they had Hubs, but deleted them.

5. girlgonestrong profile image60
    girlgonestrongposted 6 years ago

I'm still working on my first hub and someone followed me today.  I've not followed anyone yet.

I think it's because I participate here at the answers section and on the forum.

6. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

Their erudite comments have created a sense of excited anticipation. (?)

7. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I have two theories. One is that their friends convinced them to create an account for one reason or another, or that some have posted replies to hubs, questions and the other people who do not know them wish to read what they write when they do.

8. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image80
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

Maybe because someone wants to be so generous by following back those that follow them

9. Horse Feathers profile image60
    Horse Feathersposted 6 years ago

You can gain followers by asking and answering questions. Commenting in forums.
    I have seen Hubbers with only one hub and have a 100 ranking.
    Are you on Facebook? Join Hub Hoppers. http://www.facebook.com/groups/286584508033632/

10. Alexander Mark profile image82
    Alexander Markposted 6 years ago

I don't believe they are spammers or farmers, because those people usually create two spammy hubs and then follow 500 people.

I recently hit the follow button on a hubless author because he leaves great comments around Hubpages. He makes no excuse for his lack of hub writing, and he is just here to enjoy the other aspects of Hubpages, therefore, in my eyes, he contributes something of value to the community.

I think it's sort of like being a book author and most of your readers are not writers, which is how an author makes money.

Hubpages is first and foremost a writing platform, but all the things we can get involved in here helps to promote our writing, so I'm happy to get to know non-writers.

working