jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

I write about a lot of different topics. As a reader would that bother you?

1. michiganman567 profile image84
    michiganman567posted 6 years ago

I write about a lot of different topics.  As a reader would that bother you?

2. alexatomas profile image67
    alexatomasposted 6 years ago

Well I write about different topics, so I can relate to this question. I think for me, as a reader, it would not bother me if, for exemple, I found you by chance and just want to know about a certain topic. I'd probably read all you have about that topic and that's it. But if I'm following what you write, I think that would bother me some days and I would found interesting another days.

3. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

I agree with alexatomas.

I enjoy writing many topics so that everyone may have a chance to read a Hub of mine.

4. Criysto profile image60
    Criystoposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't think so. In my bio, it talks about how I write about Apple related subjects. If I went and wrote about different things that would be aggravating to my readers. As long as, you don't have a set subject of hubs it shouldn't matter.

5. profile image0
    Robin Kempposted 6 years ago

This only shows that you have a great writing range.  I would be encouraged to read you more because of your broad subject base.

6. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

Bother me? No, I welcome that kind of diversity! Always keep the reader on their toes........that's my motto, and I don't think it's a bad one.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It wouldn't bother me as long as the research is done and well-documented.  I would think writing about only one or two subjects would be very boring.

8. yui lockhart profile image60
    yui lockhartposted 6 years ago

No! Because it is absolutely great (for me as a reader) if the writer can write different topics. That only means that the writer's knowledge is very flexible when it comes to a variety of topics

9. Tom T profile image71
    Tom Tposted 6 years ago

Depends on what you wrote!  Seriously, no.  I think it is good to get a full picture of the author.  I write about science, politics, sports, kids, article writing etc.

I say write what you like.  Do it with passion and it will shine through.

10. alipuckett profile image84
    alipuckettposted 6 years ago

Definitely not.  The more topics you cover, the wider your appeal will be.  I have so many different interests, and I would much rather follow users who can give me a variety of fresh articles to read.

11. THEHuG5 profile image59
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

No it's pretty boring when people only write about 1 thing. Writing about various topics will bring you more readers.

12. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

I think that would be a plus point for you and a bonus for your reader who has a lot of choice and will be more than happy to be able to select the topic of his preference.

13. Angela Blair profile image81
    Angela Blairposted 6 years ago

I love it when a writer diversifies. I can't imagine someone even beginning to count out a writer that has the ability to write on many different subjects. Seems to me writers with the intellect to write on varied subjects would be more interesting than a one-trick pony. I'll qualify that -- writers who specialize in a topic, research that topic and stick to it are usually very, very knowledgeable and the person you want to find when you're interested in the same thing they are. If your interests are diverse, as are mine, then you'll probably enjoy a writer that encompasses a lot of subjects.

14. efroide profile image59
    efroideposted 6 years ago

no. I think good writing on various topics, this demonstrates knowledge and variety of information.

working