I am new to Hubpages. What is a "tag" and how do I create one?

1. profile image50
    epichayposted 6 years ago

I am new to Hubpages. What is a "tag" and how do I create one?

On creating a new Hub at the bottom of the first page, it reads to create 2 tags.

2. ShyeAnne profile image91
    ShyeAnneposted 6 years ago

Hi epichey, tags are words that you will use in your article.  For instance you would use marbles as a tag if you were writing an article on how to play a game of marbles.  also it is good to put tag words in the 1st sentence or two of your text, I think it helps search engines find you better.  Keeping with the topic of ;marbles; you may use words like game, playing, kid's games, competitions..I try to use 6 - 10 tags, you can add or remove tags anytime during edit.  After you enter a tag hit enter and a new box will open so you can enter a new one and so on.  When you are done adding tags simply hit continue.  I trust this helps.  Welcome to Hubpages.

3. Diane Van Hook profile image74
    Diane Van Hookposted 6 years ago

A tag is a word or words used to connect to the content of what it is you're writing about.  Like if you were writing about a book, you tags might include the words "books", the author's name, the title of the book and a couple of the main characters in the book.

working