jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How would you feel if someone paraphrased your hub into their own?

1. awordlover profile image82
    awordloverposted 6 years ago

How would you feel if someone paraphrased your hub into their own?

If you write a hub & a few days later, one of your followers writes a strikingly similar hub, how would you react? This has happened to me 6 times to date.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'd flag it and send it to staff for review.  Or I might chuckle.

3. awordlover profile image82
    awordloverposted 6 years ago

I get hub flags for duplicate content. Why don't they? I flag their hub and never hear anything back from hubpages. Yet their hub stays after I flag it. It isn't fair. I updated a hub I wrote a year ago with photos, and it got flagged for duplicate content. I searched w/plagarism tool and found a follower who wrote hub just last week. Yet mine is over a year old, content not changed, just updated with photos to draw traffic. Not one word was changed, not even in summary. I am hurt and do not think it is fair that I should be flagged when mine was pubbed first. :-(

4. brittanytodd profile image95
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Yeah, it happens to me too.  Just make your hub better with photos, videos, polls, etc and hopefully they won't be able to steal your traffic.   I was bummed when I saw someone do it the first time, but comforted myself with the saying, "Imitation is the best form of flattery."

Edit: As for flags, contact HP through email and explain the situation. They will understand and will probably republish your hub.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I agree with Wesman, this is not acceptable.  We work hard on our hubs and I hate to think of someone stealing our work.  Definitely flag it and report to the staff.

working