jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you often visit the forums and why?

1. nemanjaboskov profile image73
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

Do you often visit the forums and why?

I sometimes visit the forums here, and whenever I do, I wish I hadn't... There is so much negative stuff there, and very few people in forums are interested in communicating in a "normal" manner.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Good question. I have more than 5,000 forum posts, almost exclusively from the Help forum and Extreme Hub Makeover forum. Other forums tend to be a waste of time, and can be quite a frustrating experience. However, I do sometimes post threads where I invite feedback from fiction writers, and those discussions have been cordial and constructive so far.

3. nemanjaboskov profile image73
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

WE, I asked this question after reading the forum posts you mentioned in the newsletter I am getting everyday from Novelty Fiction. I was shocked to see so many words written, and so few of them being actually worth anything...
    Thanks for the answer.

4. rutley profile image75
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

NO..................................................................I like the questions and answers better.

5. kingmaxler profile image61
    kingmaxlerposted 6 years ago

I believe that people need a place to vent. We get frustrated as human beings and we feel out of control. There are many ways we do that and this would be a less destructive way. It is also a way to connect with others who feel that way and to do battle and figure out ourselves. I personally become drained when I have to read negativity all the time. A bit can be good and too much destructive. Maybe their could be a place called "Support Forums" where the negativity is looked down on.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have gone to the forums here a handful of times and was stunned and shocked at the venom and disrespect there.  I don't understand why people like to argue and if there is a huge difference of opinion such as religion or politics - everyone seems to get nasty and hateful about it. 

I just can't do it.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Too often, i'm  trying to break that habit.

8. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I have visited the forums enough times to figure out that they were not the place for me. I do not go there. The negativity and pure viciousness of the posts are a downer for a person who suffers from depression. I do not need downers.

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I've learned a lot from the how-to discussions, and it's been incredibly valuable in helping me know the rules here, or in answering technical questions. I've seen some critical comments on threads, but I'm too new to have an opinion on them.