jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What exactly are the guidelines on HubPages to earn the best amount of revenue p

1. Inspired to write profile image77
    Inspired to writeposted 6 years ago

What exactly are the guidelines on HubPages to earn the best amount of revenue per article per view?

Adsense &/or HP revenue earning share, what is the difference & why, & does one cut out the other or are these revenues both active together within your published article page?

Self promoting links in your articles to your own products & exterior websites selling something, do these articles generate less from adsense &/or HP revenue share or does this not matter?

Besides the obvious, riveting content to gain views, how would you earn the best type of revenue (either HP share or adsense) from those published articles?

Thank you for your time, your help, your knowledge & experiences. Dale

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I've seen several good hubs on this topic; they're not site guidelines so much as they're tips from experienced users. The common theme seems to be proper use of keywords, along with good writing, appropriate length, photos and backlinks.

Do a search for Flagship Hubs, and you'll see some moderator tips on getting good traffic. I'm still learning here, so I spend a lot of time reading info on how-to hubs and forums.

3. drspaniel profile image91
    drspanielposted 6 years ago

Wow! A lot of questions in 1... But here is what I know.

For a start your Adsense and HP revenue are different programs but one needs the other to run, otherwise when you visit your account settings it will show the HP program as inactive. Now the HP program is a optimised mix of other ad sharing websites, which run along-side Google ads to make you money. So in terms of the guidelines of earning the best amount of money per article, follow this procedure...

Write high quality content - optimize that content (keywords) - make a Google Adsense and Amazon affiliates account - associate them with HubPages (HP) - begin making some decent money online.

That's my best advice for you, which I am beginning to do too!

4. Kris Heeter profile image80
    Kris Heeterposted 6 years ago

Both previous answers are good and I agree, there are a lot of good hubs out there by others that cover key words, SEO, title, tips to group your hubs, tips on how to create backlinks to drive traffic to your hubs, etc.. 

In addition, you might want to check out the recent post by Hubpages Staff that you'll see a link for to the right on your feed or profile page: 

"Reaping the Benefits of a Truly Stellar Hub – Stats on Flagship Hubs". 

Its outline some key things you should aim for - the idea being you want people to spend some time reading your hub to make a page impression.  If there's not enough in your hub to engage them, they don't stay and you lose out on ad dollars that way.

working