jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can anyone tell me how to change the URL of a hub once it has been published?

1. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to change the URL of a hub once it has been published?

I changed the title of a hub after starting it, but the web address still has the original text in it which is no longer relevant. I can't see a way of editing the URL, does anyone know?

2. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 6 years ago

There is no way to change the URL of a hub once it's been published.  You can only delete the hub and start over to accomplish that.

3. Judi Bee profile image96
    Judi Beeposted 6 years ago

I don't think that you can Imogen.  I have changed titles before, but the hubs have the same URL - as I understood it, you are stuck with the original.

4. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

I'm sorry to carry the bad news, but when you set the web address up at the beginning, it says that you won't be able to change it later.

5. Imogen French profile image85
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

oh dear, looks like I'm stuffed then! I will have to be more careful in the future smile thanks for your answers, everyone

6. Stephanie Henkel profile image97
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

Although you can't change the URL on an existing hub, if  your title ends up being far different from the URL, you might want to consider unpublishing it and starting all over. I would only do this if the hub hasn't been published for very long as you will lose your comments and also have to start all over with Google.  I have a few URLs I would like to change, but I don't know if it will hurt or hinder my ranking.

Closed to reply

working