jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do I keep a hub out of an rss feed?

1. Song-Bird profile image80
    Song-Birdposted 7 years ago

If I put an rss feed on a hub about a health topic and what to show my other hubs under the same topic, how do I keep the hub I am putting the feed on from showing up in the list?

1. johnr54 profile image41
      johnr54posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can create a tag that has all the other hubs but not the one you just published and use that feed instead.

2. Song-Bird profile image80

Thanks johnr54!  I'll try that.

3. rumbling profile image25
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

Although the propose solution would work for now I think it will create a tag managing problem. I think you would have to re tag old hubs whenever you publish another hub about the same topic , Maybe I didn't understand how this works but I think this will be a problem

4. Song-Bird profile image80

I agree rumbling - it would be a lot to manage as I do alot of hubs in similar categories.  I was hoping there was a way to minus out the hub I was working on...

For now I am managing the ones I can and just letting the hub show up in the feed.  I'm finding that even if I put a different tag (that's not included in the hub I'm working on), the hub is still being picked up in the feed - maybe the tag word is in the body of the text?

5. rumbling profile image25
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

Why don't you add a link capsule and add the most relevant of your other hubs in that section ? That way you don't have to worry about maintenance that much

working