jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do you respond to a fellow hubber who has made negative comments to another

1. nina64 profile image81
    nina64posted 6 years ago

How do you respond to a fellow hubber who has made negative comments to another  hubber?

This question is in regards to a hubber who commented on my unemployment; then it was followed by another hubber gave negative comments.

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 6 years ago

It is the problem of the recipient of the negative comment, the best course of action is to keep out of it, in other words, it is none of your business irregardless of whether the HUB was about you, that is a different matter.

3. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I just read the comment on your hub, and obviously, he's judging by an avatar which may or may not be how the person looks. Even it it is how he looks, the comment is offensive. I would ignore the comment or delete it, it's your choice.

4. marriedwithdebt profile image74
    marriedwithdebtposted 6 years ago

That person you are referring to personally attacked me as well in the forums a few months ago. He's a real piece of...................................work.

If it happened on my wall, I would leave a scathing rebuke telling him not to insult my readers. I would also tell him to stay off my pages and any future comments, insulting or not, will be deleted.

This person is not a FELLOW Hubber.

Fellow Hubbers don't call each other names and personally attack people based on the way they look.

5. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 6 years ago

What a great question - wow!  I don't like all of the writers at HP equally; furthermore, I don't think everyone at HP is equally gifted/educated in writing (starting with myself, as I am a very later comer to writing).  However, I try to be as diplomatic as I can be under the circumstances.  If someone makes a negative, yet true comment on one of my articles, I take it as constructive criticism.  That said, no one has the right to belittle anyone---whatever the reason may be.  Whether at HP, or any place else for that matter.

Take care

6. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 6 years ago

Some people are just negative by nature and have to find something to complain about no matter what the situation is.  Unfortunately these people are who they are and probably will not be changed no matter how much they are told about their negativity.  I have crossed paths with these kinds of people over the internet as well as in the corporate world; personally I save my breath for more beneficial things.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Don't worry about someone who didn't even read the article and has some axe to grind get to you. He must be one of those who thinks it's easy to get another job and has never had to face unemployment. It's easier to blame the person than find constructive answers.

I left a comment on the hub.

8. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I went and read this comment and both writers profiles. I have received wonderful comments from the one you are upset about. I am sure he was having a bad day and forgot about the thing called tact. I believe that he was trying to help the other person out by suggesting some hints. He did not use tact and made it into a personal attack on him.
    I would start out by telling him that his constructive criticism, no matter how well intended, came out very critical and cruel. I would then tell him thank you for coming by and please come again when he learned some tact. I would drop it unless he makes another nasty comment. Then delete him with an explanation of why.

9. billybuc profile image88
    billybucposted 6 years ago

If I wanted negative comments I would enroll again in Catholic school and let the nuns have their way with me once more. HubPages should be a supportive forum upon which we can display our work and receive help if needed.  There is no reason at all for being negative in any way and I will unfollow anyone who does that.  Someone had something negative to say about your unemployment?  How about a comment for them about their apparent lack of social skills?