Have you ever come across or met a fellow hubber in real life? If so, how was th

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (62 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

Have you ever come across or met a fellow hubber in real life? If so, how was the experience?

The Hubpages community is so friendly and supportive. I really wish to meet some if not all of them in person, in real life. If it happened to you, how would you feel?

2. dghbrh profile image79
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

wowwwwwwwwwwwww what an idea...!
    i don knw about others...but well till now i have not met anybody so far.
    I really would love to meet someday.
    i liked your question.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your enthusiastic response. May be sometime we meet.

3. Haunty profile image74
    Hauntyposted 11 years ago

You can join or arrange a meetup in your city of preference if you want.
    http://www.meetup.com/HubPages/
    Ask people in the forum.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/32

Good idea. Thanks for suggesting and sharing links.

4. lex123 profile image79
    lex123posted 11 years ago

It can  be arranged if you have time to take the initiative.  You can see this link also. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/68139

But please remember many people are not regular visitors of the forum. So many may not see the question.

Thanks for your answer. I wish it is arranged sometime in future, by a combined effort.

5. jainismus profile image72
    jainismusposted 11 years ago

Yet I have not met any hubber in real life, but I would surely like to meet some of them. In fact, I plan to have a get together of hubbers and other online writers in my city.

That's a very good idea. Thanks for the response.

6. DDE profile image48
    DDEposted 11 years ago

I haven't met any Hubbers,  however I am sure if I did it would be an absolute pleasure to converse with another Hubber

Same here. Thanks for answering.

7. skgrao profile image66
    skgraoposted 11 years ago

Excellent Idea.You are the organizer for this send mail to all and mention the place I will be there.

Thanks for the answer. Surely, sometime in future, we will meet.

8. gmaoli profile image58
    gmaoliposted 11 years ago

Unfortunately, I haven't and I think it's because most of them don't live anywhere near where I live.  It would be really great though if the chance came up.  I've seem some incredible work in these articles, so it would be neat to have real face-to-face discussions with them to see what kind of people they are like.

Thanks for your response. Even I want to meet some of them.

9. zsobig profile image82
    zsobigposted 11 years ago

Sadly, no, but I would be very happy to meet some of the people I am recently following, as they write quality content that I adore and I hope once I will be able to write like they do, too!

I share the same views. Thanks for your response.

10. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 11 years ago

There is a hubber who is my husband, my son, a friend from childhood and a friend from our Army days.  So I have many experiences.  My friend and I have lunch about twice a month and talk about little else than writing on HP - except our grandchildren!

Thanks for your answer.

11. thoughtfulgirl2 profile image83
    thoughtfulgirl2posted 11 years ago

No, I have no, have you? How I would feel would depend on the person.  If I met a hubber who enjoyed the arts, environment or horticulture, then it might be really interesting.smile

No, I have'nt met anyone so far, but would like to meet them. Thanks for your response.

12. Sunshine625 profile image86
    Sunshine625posted 11 years ago

Yes I have! I met Docmo last week. He traveled to Orlando from the UK on a family vacaction and we met up. It's very exciting to meet a virtual friend in reality. He's truly the real deal.
    I suggest if you have the opportunity to hook up with a fellow hubber to go for it. I have a few other hubber hook ups in the works smile

1. ishwaryaa22 profile image81
      ishwaryaa22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! So nice that you met your fellow-hubber-friend in real life!

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92

Quite exciting to know, you met a fellow hubber in real life. Thanks for your response.

3. xstatic profile image60
      xstaticposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Such a great one too!

13. bn9900 profile image72
    bn9900posted 11 years ago

There are two hubbers that I've met on here within a 3 hour drive of me.  They both come to my area often so on their next trip up its coffee on me.

Lucky you. Thanks for responding to the question.

14. tillsontitan profile image83
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

Not yet!  I say that because I certainly would love to.  I know some would be impossible due to distance but I know others would not.  Someone mentioned a hubbers convention....think of the possibilities!

I share your views. Thanks for responding to the question.

15. Mr. Happy profile image69
    Mr. Happyposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have met a couple of people who write on Hub-pages. One person is also from Toronto as I am and the other person I have met, lives in Florida.

Great people, great memories! : )

Thanks for your response.

I hope you must have great memories. Thanks for the answer.

3. kallini2010 profile image80
      kallini2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was remembering it yesterday - with some effort I remembered the name "Amadeus" and some face all in chocolate, but I can't remember the name of that restaurant - the greatest of its kind in Toronto.  I think you have been very modest, Mr. Happy.

16. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

This is at the top of my "bucket list."  And if anyone out there in hubland is in the Nashville, Tn. area - let's meet up.  Or for that matter, I invite all of you to come and visit Nashville - the music city. Wouldn't it be fun to rent out the Hilton Hotel?
    Gosh, I'm getting so excited:)

1. Mr. Happy profile image69
      Mr. Happyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm keeping this invitation in mind - thank You. You might get a White Wolf passing through one day! : )

Thanks vocalcoach for your response.

17. shivanchirakkal10 profile image57
    shivanchirakkal10posted 11 years ago

A nice question and many nice suggestions also seen. I think your question will help to arrange such a get to gather by  hub community.
    regards.

I wish and hope so. Thanks for responding.

18. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Great question!  Yes, I have met at least one Hubber in person (who lives in my city), and traded personal messages and phone calls with several others.  I never thought I'd make new friends through writing here, but that's how it feels.

I highly recommend meeting Hubbers and getting to know them - it's a way to support each other and to get advice when you need it. Writing is a very isolated type of work, and connecting with other writers helps you feel less alone.  I'm hoping there's a meet-up in my area at some point.

I agree with your views. Thank you for answering the question.

19. profile image0
    Curiadposted 11 years ago

I haven't yet but there are quite a few that have discussed this on FB and that I would love to meet!

Thanks for answering the question.

20. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 11 years ago

Great question! I have spoken to Arb, a Hubber who lives about a hundred miles from me, and was a part of a series of Hubs he suggested called The Journey, with a total of 15 other writers. We plan to meet at some point, maybe this summer. The only other one that I know of in Oregon would be fun to meet also.

Thanks for your answer. Have a nice day.

21. padmendra profile image50
    padmendraposted 11 years ago

Not yet. I am also keen to meet a fellow hubber like Stricklydating who has always supported my hubs. All those who are fellow hubbers appear to be friendly people too.. Hoping to meet them in person in the years to come   and if it happens,. it would be a matter of great pleasure to me. Thanks for sharing this interested issue..

I am glad to be part of a community, full of friendly people. Hope and wish to meet sometime in future. Thanks for answering.

22. bloggering profile image71
    bloggeringposted 11 years ago

I have met local people face to face that I originally met in Internet marketing course forums that also write hubs. It is a so much fun and the common interest serves as a solid connection to build a friendship on.

I am sure it must be fun and full of excitement. It is in fact a very friendly and supportive community. Thanks for answering.

23. tnvrstar profile image65
    tnvrstarposted 11 years ago

Not yet! But I would love to met someone.

Good luck to you. Thanks for your response.

24. MarleneB profile image91
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

No I have not "come across" a hubber in real life, however, I am friends with a hubber who I knew before she came to HubPages.

Thanks MarleneB for your response. Have a good day.

25. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 11 years ago

This may not count, but it was someone I already knew through email and long distance phone calls who became a hubber and then got me to join Hubpages, too.  But we didn't physically meet until a year or so later.  Other than that, I've never met another hubber in person, although there were a couple of meets planned that didn't materialize due to scheduling conflicts.

Thanks for responding to the question. Have a good day.

26. Docmo profile image92
    Docmoposted 11 years ago

I met fellow hubber Sunshine625 ( Linda Bilyeu) as I am vacationing in Orlando. It was a great experience and amazing to see how much her online presence is the real deal and then some. I intend to meet more hubbers as I travel quite a lot... it is enriching, rewarding and exciting. Hope to catch up again with Sunshine ( what an apt name!) before I leave to UK. great question!

1. xstatic profile image60
      xstaticposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Let us know if you ever come to the Pacific Norhtwest!

Thanks Docmo for sharing your experience and answering the question.

3. profile image0
      KDuBarry03posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm just 15 minutes away from Philadelphia, PA! If you are definitely in the area, give me an email or something!

27. profile image0
    KDuBarry03posted 11 years ago

I would absolutely love to meet up with a fellow Hubber! I think it would be a great experience to get on a face-to-face friendship level with other professionals on here smile

Thanks KDuBarry for sharing your views. And I also think the same way.

28. mizjo profile image65
    mizjoposted 11 years ago

I have just now come upon your question, and what a great one that is.  Meeting a fellow hubber would be a really interesting experience, since every one  has so much to say in his writing. 
    I would be happy to meet any body in the New York metro area if he/she would contact me through HP.

Thanks for appreciating the question. I also enjoyed all the answers here. I  wish your desire, to meet some HP friends in the New York metro area, is fulfilled. I am sure it would be a memorable experience. Thanks and have a nice day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)