jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Follow to gain followers?

1. colpolbear profile image96
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

Follow to gain followers?

I've seen many Hubbers follow people for the sole purpose of gaining followers.  How effective is this method in gaining followers and does it have any significant effect on traffic and therefore earnings?  Want to follow me? lol

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

From viewing some members here who have been here for quite some time with avlow count of followers, they have had some extremely good traffic. I would say a "small" amount of traffic comes from hubpages.... the traffic that generates you the bucks comes from elsewhere and they could care less who follows who and how many follow how many.  My observations anyway. smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Highly ineffective. Bear in mind you're going to earn between $1 and $5 per 1,000 views, so you need thousands of visitors to earn income - which you won't get from within the HP community, which is actually quite small.

If you follow someone and they automatically follow you back, chances are they're not really going to "follow" you anyway - they are probably following too many people to have any chance of visiting all their new Hubs.

If you follow too many people, your Hub score will drop dramatically.

4. LoriSoard profile image74
    LoriSoardposted 6 years ago

Also, be careful. I thought I was being nice and following people who visited my hubs and whose writing I liked and I was actually setting off the ranking tools. My rating went down to a ONE and it took a long time to come back up. Plus, my home page was going nuts with following all those pages.

5. hillymillydee profile image61
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

We are happy if someone follows us because we know our hubs might be useful for them and interesting. If someone follows us we are encourage because we know we did a good job. But for other reasons; what are followers for? What benefit can we get from them? They will not click on our ads and give us earnings. Why bother?

But if you like to to gain followers, there is one effective way to gain them legally... write a useful and informative hubs for other hubbers to benefit, because they like to learn more and they are thankful that you helped them, chances are there that they will follow you.

6. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Followers are just people who decide they want to follow your writing.  You don't need to follow people to get them:  I follow about two dozen people but have many more followers than that.  Over time they tend to become inactive and have no effect on your Hubs.

If you are here for earnings, you want search engine traffic as that's who clicks on ads.

7. Rain Defence profile image92
    Rain Defenceposted 6 years ago

Relache answered it best, but I thought I'd chip in and say, don't follow anyone unless you like what they write. I don't hunt for followers and won't follow anyone I don't want to read. Otherwise your feed is just full of crap from people you have no interest in.

working