jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do Hub article authors know that comments from others no longer appear unless th

1. LHwritings profile image87
    LHwritingsposted 5 years ago

Do Hub article authors know that comments from others no longer appear unless they APPROVE them?

Apparently the rules for comments to Hub articles have changed. These comments will not appear unless the original Hub author approves them. So lots of comments to articles are appearing as just a warning message that they've been submitted, but the text won't appear until they're approved. Original authors seem oblivious. This is annoying, and otherwise possibly helpful comments are being suppressed.

2. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

I've known this all along.  I like this, it's how it should be.  Constructive criticism is one thing, but there are comments from others that can be detrimental and that's not right.  I've been lucky---I guess.  Most people have shown approval for my hubs and; likewise, I've been kind when commenting on my fellow HP writer's works.  But I've seeing some mean comments made by others as well....

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The "change" is not the result of new rules. There appears to be a temporary technical problem, a glitch, as has been discussed on the forum.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/92775

4. LHwritings profile image87
    LHwritingsposted 5 years ago

The problem is that original Hub article authors don't seem to be tending to these comments (Approve or Deny). I don't think they're intentionally trying to suppress them.

working