jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do people really write on more than one site, i.e. squidoo? If so, where do you

1. savanahl profile image69
    savanahlposted 6 years ago

Do people really write on more than one site, i.e. squidoo? If so, where do you find the time?

Do you recommend writing on more than one site? I'm trying to but am struggling with time between writing and my kids.

2. MoiraCrochets profile image83
    MoiraCrochetsposted 6 years ago

I write both Squidoo, too. Although my main line is Hubpages since I earn more here.

I recommend writing on more that one site to expand your publishing choices. Hubpages is where no-nonsense articles are mostly appreciated while Squidoo is where personal, story-telling write-ups are celebrated.

I have a daughter too. I try to write only when she's occupied or asleep. Good luck to Writing MOMs!

3. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

i have the same problem as you! no time! but u have to make time so it all depends if writing online is your priority in life

4. Wayne K. WIlkins profile image69
    Wayne K. WIlkinsposted 6 years ago

Sometimes its just about treating it as if it were a job. Most people write as a hobby, those are the people that stick to one site usually, but others, who want to make a living if not now, then in the future, will often refuse to put 'all of their eggs in one basket' and write for multiple sites. It's just the smart thing to do sometimes. I've never tried Squidoo, but I have tried sites such as DooYoo and Helium and have managed to juggle all three at the same time. As someone else said, it's all about priorities. If you were working 8 hours a day, you would have to. That's the mindset to be in.

You may have kids, but people that work full-time also have kids. It's the same field. Treat it as a full-time job rather than as a simple hobby and discipline yourself to succeed, and you surely will.