Earning question on HubPages vs Squidoo

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)
  1. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 13 years ago

I been searching on both yahoo and google but yet able to find the answer. I know most of you write for Squidoo and other blogs too, and i see many, many experience veteran writer here. Therefore i hope to hear some advises here.

Question:
    1. Frankly speaking, where do you earn more? Comparing HP and Squidoo?

2. Up to date, I have 19 hubs and joined roughly 4 weeks now. I have earned about $0.50. It is real low right?

3. Do you make HP your main site for earning or just a secondary site to promote your other site?

4. I have my own blog and I read many people said they use HP to promote their sites etc. Is this true?

Sorry I dont mean to bring down any sites but just want to know the point of view from you guys to ensure I am at the right track.

Thank you for your time and much help!

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1) I earn more at hubpages, however I did not like teh layot.

2) It usually takes a while for Hubpages to start earning, but it really does snowball.

3) I have a whole load of websites supporting each other.

4) Yes it is.

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

A simple site search reveals there are about 1000 Hubs that talk about these two...

http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubs … es+squidoo

3. Spider Girl profile image55
    Spider Girlposted 13 years ago

I earn better at Hubpages than at Squidoo!

4. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 13 years ago

Thank you all for explaination.

The reason i ask is because i really having a hard time at squidoo. At there, i get so less traffic i wonder what is wrong.

Squidoo is now my less favorite choice for writing. Hubpages is my main while my personal hub is under blogger.

I have to add that, is blogger good blog site to write and ean money (after sometime) or should I look for other place?

Actually i have read tons of hubs about HP, Squidoo etc but i really wish to hear from comments itself smile

Blogger is a good way to make money, but you need to spend a lot of time promoting. Squidoo is just really spam filled, although it is apparently getting a little better.

Hubpages is by far the best return for investment that I have found online.

nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi thisisoli.

I know! I have blogger but I seriously having hard time trying to promote it (due to my busy life and trying to get a hub a day published!).

Trying to backlink my blog by putting links in my hubs. Hopefully this way work smile

I love Hubpages too. I started with HP, then moved over to Squidoo but felt there is just a little dull (very nice templates and modules thou).

Still feel Hubpages is the best smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, linking to your blog from HubPages will work - but only if (a) the Hubs are on the same subject as your blog and (b) your blog is on a good niche subject.  If you've picked a very competitive niche, you're unlikely to have much success at all.

I don't know why I'm offering you advice, though, since I see you've already written a Hub on the "ultimate" backlinking guide - why write that if you're not an expert yet?

5. jasoncox83 profile image61
    jasoncox83posted 13 years ago

I tried Squidoo, however I do not like how their payment system is set up. I have stopped writing over there until they expand the tiers. Yeah it's nice when you hit that top tier and make like 25.00 that month from one article. But from 10,000-85,000 made like .16...Anything not in the top 85,000 don't get a penny. With all the new len's being created I know many writers whom have stopped until they change things.

Oic. Hmm thanks for the head up.

*heading to change my hubs lolz..

Back to my main questions, earning like less than 1 buck with bout 20 hubs now in 4 weeks is kinda low for adsense right?
      *not complaining but just wondering smile

1. Traqqer profile image66
        Traqqerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, not at all. You could have 100 hubs/articles, and you could very well make less than a dollar or even zilch. It all depends on what kinds of topics you have, what SEO you are looking into, etc.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It starts slow, nicregi!  Most don't make the first payout from Adsense for six months or more.  But also, some don't make it for years, despite writing many articles.  We each have different experiences here.  This depends on your ability to produce well written hubs which folks are looking for.  I have almost made this months payout already on Adsense.  So, I can vouch for being patient!

Hi Traqqer and Randy!

Thank you for your reply! I know I am new to this but hoping to improve more each day!

I know it is always tough to write but hey, I am loving it (thinking of McDonald)!

@Traqqer
          U said what SEO i am looking for? Do you mean what topic I want to write about or...? Sorry i dont really understand that phrase.

Really appreciated for all replies..

6. brettb profile image62
    brettbposted 13 years ago

Hi all,

I tried Squidoo but it's so hard for a newbie to get a successful Squid lens. By contrast anyone can get instant success here - my brother has only 9 hubs but one of his is getting 80 visits a day!

He's not made money yet though. And this is the tough part - making money online IS DIFFICULT! If it were easy, everyone would quit their jobs and write Hubs and blogs and stuff.

There is only one quality needed to make money online - perserverance. I bumbled along with my first 100 Hubs, then I found an uberprofitable niche and milked it for all it's worth. Actually I now have about half a dozen very good niches. I'm now making an average of $4.50 a day from AdSense alone here.

What is the topic which gets 80 visitors a day?

In my experience that should be bringing in at least a few sales every week.

7. PurpleOne profile image79
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

I have been writing for about 10 months, I have 9 hubs and have made around $40. This is not easy! I work at it off and on, try to learn a few things here and there. I need to find a niche, figure out how to do keyword research and get better at backlinking and I guess just hope for some luck too.

Wow! $4.50 per day? tht's insane! Sell me your ideas! smile

Squidoo is very hard. True! I wrote about 10 lens there and with full promotion and backlinks, i get less than 10 visitors now.

Sad but true.

1. brettb profile image62
        brettbposted 13 years agoin reply to this

$4.50. Pah. Yesterday was $9.

There's really no secret - just write top notch original content based on keyword research in topics you know a lot about, targetting people looking for information or want to buy stuff.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)