jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it OK to cross reference your own hubs?

1. profile image60
    nounjbposted 6 years ago

Is it OK to cross reference your own hubs?

What I have in mind is offering a reference to a more inclusive hub to strengthen the availability of  information that might not attract a reader who is simply shopping for a solution to a problem, without a specific plan of attack in mind. Sometimes the choice of words selected for an items title can fail to attract the very reader who can truely benefit from the knowledge offered.

2. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Hell yes, link 'em, cross reference, promote, post 'em and get busy with them! Link them in the text is your best bet.

3. Doc Snow profile image96
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

It's certainly OK to link to your own Hubs, though obviously you need to be offering non-duplicative content.  Currently, I'm doing a series of music Hubs on part-writing using specific chords, and since the knowledge involved is cumulative, I offer side-bar links back to the previous Hubs for readers who may not be quite prepared yet for the one that they happen upon first.

So far this has created no problems, and I doubt that it will--the only potential issue that I see is that I use a consistent wording for the link capsules, but I doubt that that minor duplication of content will be a problem.  After all, the HP default summaries in links have essentially the same effect.

I've considered the possibility of creating a "plan of instruction" Hub as the thing grows; that would be somewhat related to your idea, I think.  I'll be interested to read further Hubber experiences related to this topic.

4. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

If you have hubs that complement one another absolutely.  For example I have a hub all about vitamins and minerals the body needs and it is cross referenced on a hub I did about healthy foods etc. 

If my hub was on cleaning the garage floor however, cross referencing it with a hub on kite flying would not be a good idea because it's not relevant to the current hub. 

If you keep things similar in theme (but not duplicated!) cross referencing is not only fine - it's a good idea smile

5. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

In your hubs, you can certainly link to your other hubs.  In fact, it is encouraged.