jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Rcommended length for a hub?

1. liftandsoar profile image80
    liftandsoarposted 6 years ago

Rcommended length for a hub?

I went to the recommended hub for improving my work, http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/01/truly- … ship-hubs/ where I learn that the idea length of a hub is 1500 words.  That seems long to me, especially for reading on line. Mine have run about half that.  What say you all?

2. biancaalice profile image59
    biancaaliceposted 6 years ago

I say it depends on what you're writing about, I've heard the same thing and try to aim for it. But I seem to either stay under or go way over.

3. Ironman1992 profile image60
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I think the usual hub is about 400-500 words.

4. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

Although I should not give any advice because my hubs are 'pretty long', I believe that you should follow your instinct in writing, there are some subjects that need a more thorough introduction to get your readers attention and also you need time to get readers involved in your story.
    On other hand, some well known topics, that are familiar to your readers and they can easily identify with your point of view, need just few lines to get to the point.
    As a writer I don't like to be told how many words I am allowed to write, although I understand that any reader doesn't want to be 'born to death' or 'waste time' with never-ending writings. 'Stick to the point' and 'Leave out everything that is not absolutely necessary' are two goals I always follow.

5. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

The Flagship Hub program is different from our normal hubs. Flagship hubs are especial kind of since they must be approve by the hubpages team and you must meet certain requirements. Not all hubber can join this flagship. Try to read this hubs about flagship: http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/flagship

There is no minimum length of a hub given as far as I know. But you can see if you submit a very short hub it will automatically tell you that it is substandard, meaning you must add some more content.  In my experience my shortest hubs that contain 450 words were accepted. But it is highly recommended at least 700 or more. The longer the better

working