Share your Flagship Hubs here!

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (39 posts)
  1. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 16 years ago

In the last couple of months I've been getting a lot more sun than the average geek as I've been helping a neighbour out with their vineyard (after moving out to the country). So when I saw that a Flagship Hub Topic on "how to make wine" was up for grabs I didn't hesitate in staking my claim.

The result: How Wine Is Made

I probably shouldn't have laughed but the end of the Youtube video I titled "Grape pressing the old fashioned way..." had a surprise ending.

Who else has published a Flagship Hub and also any particular reasons behind choosing a specific topic?

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

Hey Darkside,

I have done two so far:

Top Ten American Recipes

And:

Forex Trading Guide

The first because I Love cooking and wanted to share all my favorites - the second in an attempt to raise my eCPM big_smile

I even made a competition to promote them:

Let me give you a free writeup on HubPages

Prolly get deleted now huh? big_smile

Nice Hub by the way - I live in France just a short distance away from major wine making. I only drink it though.

3. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Kudos to you both. Where is waynet and isa?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thank=s SunSeven. I didn't understand the question though. Was that aimed at Darkside?

2. Isabella Snow profile image85
      Isabella Snowposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Kudos! I haven't done one, myself, but I like the ones I've seen!

And thanks Isabella

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

Here are mine:

Travel Nursing http://hubpages.com/hub/Travel-Nursing

Careers in Criminology http://hubpages.com/hub/Careers-in-Criminology

Job Search Engines - Full Listings & Reviews  http://hubpages.com/hub/Job-Search-Engine-Reviews

And the one I did for practice before doing my first official Flagship:

Business Travel, Part I
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Business-Travel-Part-I

5. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

No Mark. The forums seem to be under some spell right now. Actually this thread belong to the people who has done flagship hub(hubs). Anyone can comment on anything right now. I am planning to hijack this thread to my own emptyness(LOL). Wayne and Isa are those people who are the community members who really have a sense of humor, but getting those (police) remarks and thumbs down these days.(May be the order of the day?!) smile
    (darkside is a guiding light for us all) How can anyone really thank Glen!

6. darkside profile image64

I REALLY love the layout of Top Ten American Recipes.

The uniformity of each section with the image toggled to the right and the extra links in the grey text box underneath. It's amazing how something so simple to do can be so profound.

Top marks for the linking to fellow Hubbers recipe hubs (its made the difference between being a great hub and it now being an exceptional hub). And excellent use of trackers.

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Umm, sorry my ignorance, I'm sure I missed the boat somehow. Could somebody kindly explain what is flagship hub? Or at least steer me towards the explanation?

darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this
      1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Darkside, now I'm in the know smile

8. darkside profile image64

Forex Trading is one of those topics that get made into MFA (Made For Adsense) sites. Overcrowded with low quality sites, all jostling for position to try and get Search Engine placement and Adsense clicks.

Most of the pages, sites and blogs are just regurgitated content from other sites.

It's like mesothelomia. You know they haven't made it because it's something that interests them. Or Adsense newbies making sites on how to make money from Adsense. When they clearly don't know how to make money from Adsense.

But this is a breath of fresh air: http://hubpages.com/hub/Forex-Trading-a-guide

I haven't read it in its entirety. I skim before I read. To assess whether or not investing my time into reading something is worth it. And I've bookmarked that hub. Not that it's something I want to get into (the trading itself), but I am interested in understanding what the fuss is about.

Excellent work.

PS: I didn't intend on this becoming a Flagship Hub Review thread but so far it's two from two and I haven't yet got onto Patty's hubs!

Thanks darkside. The simple truth is that it is not possible to make money daytrading in Forex with small amounts of money. I have tried to get that across in the hub and explain the reasons why. The market is inundated with scammers and ripoff merchants. Unfortunately, that makes it difficult to get any notice from the search engines because these guys are making a fortune from small, misinformed traders and have a LOT of money to spend buying keywords. I live in hope big_smile

2. Lissie profile image76
      Lissieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think maybe places like hubpages can be used to start get more high quality info out there for some topics  - the MFA disease is spreading to other topics but at least humans have no problem determining the difference! 
      My flagship hubs seem to have a common theme to date!
      India Travel:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/India-Travel--I … ps--Advice
      Italian Travel:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Italy-Travel--I … ps--Advice
      Air Travel Tips
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Air-Travel-Tips
      Vacation Packing Tips
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Vacation-Packing--List-and-Tips

Its a good exercise - its made me find photo and video resources I didn't know existed! Its also made me learn American English (most of the HP visitors are from the US)!

darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I've been mindful of that.

Though I may have let a few slip through unnoticed.

9. darkside profile image64

My goodness, when Patty gets hold of a subject she's like a pitbull! She won't let go!

I think I've found the benchmark for thoroughly wringing out every drop of juice from a topic. She squeezes out EVERYTHING!

Anyone considering a career in Criminology? You MUST go here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Careers-in-Criminology

I mistakenly thought that Job Search Engines would be short and sweet but Patty has put in a brilliant effort.

I know someone who works in Job Search Training here in Australia. I'll be forwarding him that link as soon as I dig up his email address.

10. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 16 years ago

Feel free to continue to share. I thought I'd just share a link to the full list of published Flagship Hubs here. There are 46 of them so far, and they're truly fantastic in quality!

- Jason

11. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 16 years ago
  12. darkside profile image64

Welcome to the forum Glassvisage!

You truly are a quiet achiever.

13. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 16 years ago

I am new to Hubpages and am making my way around the site. I have been writing articles for a few weeks and this is my latest one http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-paid-to-Drive. I am still learning and exploring.

Nice to meet everyone!

14. College politico profile image61
    College politicoposted 16 years ago

My favorite so far is Mike Huckabee - The Surge

That would be a flagship hub then?

big_smile

1. College politico profile image61
        College politicoposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hmm after looking back through this thread I figured out what a "flagship hub" is and I suppose I was wrong. However when I first looked at the topic I just assumed that flagship hub was your favorite or most popular hub... as that seems to make sense to me. Oh well...

15. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

It would proably be good for someone to explain what a flagship hub actually is... go on Mark.. you know you want to. wink

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Actually I was asking this in this thread earlier... And a very good answer from darkside is here, too...

Some people are just too lazy to read the thread from the beginning big_smile

16. Mark Knowles profile image58

Nah, I'll let him work it out for himself, LOL big_smile

17. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

Well, it's unlikely I'd have read it anyway, even if I had bothered to read from the beginning. wink

18. glassvisage profile image84
    glassvisageposted 16 years ago
  19. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago
  20. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

Here's my new one.

Fat Burning Exercises
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Fat-Burning-Exercises

I really like your paper making one, Stacie!

Thanks Everyone big_smile

21. profile image0
    helenathegreatposted 16 years ago

To those of you who have written flagship hubs:

Do you find that you're making a lot more money from them than from your others?  That is, is it worth it?

I think in the long run, they will be good. I find they take a long time to do well, so the immediate reward is not great, but I am looking more long term. This is my latest one:

Stop Foreclosure-How to Avoid Foreclosing on Your Home

22. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

I've only written three.  First of all, there is the upfront fee for writing them--which is nice.  While one of the three gets a lot of good feedback, it does not (yet) get a lot of traffic.  The other two are getting the most traffic out of all of my hubs.

23. shailini profile image59
    shailiniposted 16 years ago

I have written 3 hub pages (photo galleries) just to showcase Indian Women's fashion

Indian Women:Fashion Gallery 1  is so far my flagship hubpage..LOL..

Well, I personally can't be bothered to explain about Flagship hubs once again. Try reading the thread .

24. darkside profile image64
  25. Mark Knowles profile image58

Nice one.

26. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

My latest flagship hubs
    GPS Receivers top 10 by price and performance
    http://hubpages.com/hub/GPS-Receivers-T … ance-Price

Free WordPress Themes Site Reviews
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-WordPress- … ite-Review

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)