jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Is it stupid to follow a hubber because you think they are attractive?

1. rtburroughs2 profile image79
    rtburroughs2posted 6 years ago

Is it stupid to follow a hubber because you think they are attractive?

2. wandererh profile image76
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

I don't think so.  I think you are just being human.  smile

3. TheMagician profile image93
    TheMagicianposted 6 years ago

Most people I've seen on HP use avatars of photos other than themselves (at least I haven't really payed attention otherwise), but like wandererh said, you are just being human!

I can say I've only listened to a band before because the guys in it were quite nice to look at... didn't hurt that their music turned out to be super good, too, haha  wink

4. Shell-Belle profile image61
    Shell-Belleposted 6 years ago

No, I don't think so. Hopefully they are attractive and write interesting hubs. :-)

5. ap.publish profile image60
    ap.publishposted 6 years ago

lovable, attractive, helpful, inspirational or useful... you might follower a hub or hubber for any reason you see fit. Point is, nothing is stupid till you yourself believe its stupid, doesn't really matter what everyone else thinks or says.
    This not only applies to Hubs but everything in life smile

6. rtburroughs2 profile image79
    rtburroughs2posted 6 years ago

I love all the answers. I just wanted to see what everyone else said. I actually did follow someone because she is cute. I will read her hubs later, I promise.

7. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i wouldn't call it stupid but to me it defeats the purpose of this site. but then again look at what looks have done for the kardashians.

8. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

It's not stupid and you're free to follow any hubber that you choose and for any reason that you feel suits you. Go for it!

9. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

Definition of stupidity varies from person to person. You are free to follow a hubber for no rhyme or reason. If you are choosing by the attractiveness of profile images, let me remind you that they may not belong to the person at all. Good luck!

10. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It is somewhat like judging a book by its cover - we all do it.  But do read the person's hubs - you might find even more you like.

11. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

Not at all as long as you give her a chance and read some of her work.

12. hillymillydee profile image61
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

No one is called to be stupid for following someone attractive, after all that shows that you appreciate God's creation, but what matters is that: is it in harmony with the guidelines of where we are?
    Why not try to visit to the FAQ or frequently ask question and see # 14 about; What are Followers? In the last part it says:
    '' You should only follow people who you have a genuine interest in keeping up with. By following a Hubber you are saying that their activity on HubPages is noteworthy or interesting to you. Following excessively or indiscriminately may result in a low Hubber score."

Actually I made a poem about that maybe you want to take a look at it? http://hillymillydee.hubpages.com/hub/W … n-Hubpages

I hope that helps.

working