jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why have you chosen to write on Hubpages?

1. ChinaDoll32BX profile image60
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 6 years ago

Why have you chosen to write on Hubpages?

There are articles claiming that Hubpages is a scan. They suggest that It is impossible to earn a substantial amount of money on Hubpages. This leads me to believe that the authors of these articles were writing for the purpose of making money and not for the love of writing . Therefore, I want to ask you, Is wrting something that you are passionate about or do you write for profit? And why have you chosen Hubpages as your writing platform?

2. Parks McCants profile image73
    Parks McCantsposted 6 years ago

Interesting Chinadoll. I find nothing wrong with being $ rewarded for producing a quality article, short book, etc. It takes time to write a quality article. In my case, I write because it provides me an outlet for sharing my photos, art,, ideas and information. would i like to be paid to afford me the opportunity to spend more time writing? Yes!

3. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

My love of writing brought me here and keeps me here.  A little money on the side is also great, but I write just as passionately whether there's money involved or not.

I've seen lots of those obvious "money making" writers while Hub Hopping, and it's really gross stuff.  I mean it's just so OBVIOUS they're doing it for money. 

Then there's the mix of quality writers who make a living at it.  Props to them; they're living the dream.

4. ananceleste profile image72
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

To tell you the truth, this is my first experience with a site like this one. I did not even used Facebook!  I was so elated to be able to write on a public media,that I paid little attention to the money matter. I am doing what I love, on my own terms, and sharing it with the world. What else can I ask for ! I have shared so much and turned the attention of readers to the causes that I care for. I am here to contribute my grain of sand in a sea of free thinkers.

5. Anilkumar cv profile image60
    Anilkumar cvposted 6 years ago

People cosider the hubpage as their money making engine. I am also believe, so i continue.

6. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I am passionate about writing and joined Hubpages so I would be forced to write more often. So far, I have reached that goal.

7. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 5 years ago

I somehow bumped into HubPages, and happily stayed to contribute. I get drawn more and more into the group's people and squabbles and similarities. I never search if an article I'm going to write has already been written because I don't want to bias my own writing based on another article. I just want to write original things people will feel helpful or interesting, or at least funny.

working