jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's the best way to pick the topic category for your hub?

1. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

What's the best way to pick the topic category for your hub?

Is your hub exposed to more potential readers if you pick the general category, or is it better if you get more specific picking the sub-categories?
    Home>Gardening>Garden Design

2. Marla Rose profile image74
    Marla Roseposted 6 years ago

I believe you get better results by picking sub-categories versus a general category for your hubs.  You will definitely draw more traffic to your hubs with a topic that is specific in detail.  One reason is because it narrows down the topic your writing about to specifically what your hub is all about.  It does not give a vague subject matter that general category hubs usually have.  Would you want to know about a topic vaguely or in detail?  Pick a topic that specifies exactly what you are writing about first, second of all break it down into sub-categories for example, Chocolate Recipes versus Chocolate Cake and Cookie Recipes; or Fashion Design versus Fashion Clothing Designer Vintage Dresses.

People want to know the specifics on things they are interested in.  They like a lot of detail and want to be informed as much as possible on the topic.

3. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

hmmm i would say if it can fit into a specific category then you should let it fit into that

4. profile image61
    nounjbposted 6 years ago

While I like both of these answers I would think that you would be wise to direct your article toward anyone who might be able to find what you have to say of value. 

For example, many people here are interested in making things, particularly things that can be made through recycling items they would otherwise simply dispose of in the conventional trash stream.  That serves a double purpose, that can please even more people.

Other folks are simply interested in saving money, and will tend to investigate almost anything that suggests that is possible through a willful act or by shopping for a very specific item or even one that might satisfy a need in an optional manner.

Therefore, I think we would be all wise to consider exercising our imagination in an attempt to reach whatever variety of willing targets who could possibly be interested in the subject matter of our offerings.