jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Full Time Blogging. Any Pros and Cons?

1. Justjed profile image60
    Justjedposted 6 years ago

Full Time Blogging. Any Pros and Cons?

2. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 6 years ago

You definitely HAVE to keep at it. It also should be a niche blog too. I have my own personal blog that I started a few years ago and I get sick of writing for it sometimes, but I have to keep at it!

3. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

If you like writing you can earn from it.  If you don't don't even bother.

4. OldSkoolFool profile image59
    OldSkoolFoolposted 6 years ago

Total con! There really isn't enough money in that industry to go around, especially after outsourcing.

5. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

The main cons of full time blogging would be that it takes time to build an audience, That audience may not be happy to pay for information, click on adsense advertisement etc, so you may have little income in comparison to the amount of work you put in for several years.

You also need to keep a blog moving, write content regularly and hopefully you will build a small community of regular readers.

I have some blogs. I have been working on them for a couple of years now and they do see some good traffic daily, they are hobbies though. I do get some income from Amazon from them, but I could not write for even one of them full-time.

Writing blogs is just hard work and as a hobby I am willing to accept that hour or two per day. If it were my way of earning a living I would soon come to resent the little reward.

By all means, try blogging, you may get lucky and make it work as a full time job, but be aware of the limitations and keep a day job for a while too.

6. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Pro: Freedom from bosses, office politics, and work schedule.
    Con: Low pay.

working