jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think that political hubs get voted down by political opponents

1. michiganman567 profile image84
    michiganman567posted 6 years ago

Do you think that political hubs get voted down by political opponents

One of my hubs is on Rick Santorum.  All that it does is state his positions.  It is not really for or against him.  It has been ranked as one of my top hubs with a score over 90 at times.  Now it is one of my lowest scoring hubs with a 70.   Does Hubpages allow political opponents to influence a hubscore this severely by voting it down?  Or, is this just natural hubpages fluctuation?

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

The vote down button has little to do with anything regarding hub score.

Checlk out this forum thread  about the (non) usefulness and misunderstanding of the Vote Down  button:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/93754#post2002111

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, people do tend to vote down answers here and on hubs by whether they agree with it or not - rather then seeing it as informative.  I see the same thing with hubs on any thing to do with religion.  I don't know how it affects our scores.  I'm going to try the link FloraBR below listed and see.

4. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

Political issues can be hot one week and people are off to the next big thing next week, so that could cause the big drop. People due tend to vote down something there against so it's probably a combination of the two.

5. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

i am not into politics but that sure sounds dirty!

6. adjkp25 profile image92
    adjkp25posted 6 years ago

I'm sure some people do but I think that it would be pretty petty.  This Country was built on agreeing to disagree and civil discourse but those traits appear to be lost in today's political scene.

If someone puts together something that has differing political points than I do it doesn't bother me.  It will bother me if it is in poor taste or just posted to be a rant and doesn't exhibit any points whatsoever.

If people don't agree with someone's point of view just move on or change the TV station.

working