jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you thumbs down an answer to a Question?

1. glenn wallace profile image74
    glenn wallaceposted 6 years ago

Why do you thumbs down an answer to a Question?

Do you use the thumbs down as a way of showing disagreement with someone's opinion, or do you reserve the thumbs down to comments you feel don't add to the discussion (i.e. off-topic, offensive, spam).

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Everyone has their own opinion and I only vote down a question if it doesn't add to the topic, is against the TOS, offensive to the person asking the question or others who answered a question.

Also if people add check my hub out at the end and if the hub isn't related to the question I'd vote it down.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I give it a thumbs down if it is an incorrect answer.

4. ThomasBaker profile image57
    ThomasBakerposted 6 years ago

I rarely give a thumbs down, but always give a thumbs up if I find the article interesting. Thumbs down really serves no constructive purpose in my opinion.
    I always think of the Roman Emperors who gave the thumbs down for the losing gladiator to be killed. If anything, a positive constructive comment is more encouraging.
    (Of course, this doesn't apply to me....I do not want to see thumbs down on any of my stuff. I have ways of getting even with somebody who doesn't agree with me. If I find out who they are I'll have them sent to the principle's office.)

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

if i disagree with an answer, i give it thumbs down. that's what it's there for as far as i no.

working