jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Has the experience of learning to write, or finding your 'voice' on HubPages has

1. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Has the experience of learning to write, or finding your 'voice' on HubPages has been worthwhile?

Do you consider that the experience of learning to write, or of finding your unique voice as a writer, has been worthwhile and why/why not?  Specifically how have you grown?

2. Ironman1992 profile image60
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I consider my time and experience on HubPages well spent, I having learned how to improve my writing.

3. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

The greatest experience I've had since joining HubPages is the research into topics, whether current events or history or whatever. I have learned a lot and, in addition, have been able to put things into better context. Also, I found I really enjoy the search and discovery. I've even had to change some of my preconceptions about things I "knew" before. Heavens to Murgatroyd. One method I use is to look at websites from other lands. I've seen some great stuff as well as some pretty outlandish "news" which I've followed up on from other sources. Speaking of sources, one rule I have is to never, never rely on just one source. There needs to be corroboration-- and even then, consider the source. For example, I looked into FEMA death camps, found the government documentation and looked at the sites describing the camps. They seemed to have a certain slant ("Jews erecting concentration camps in America" and the like) so I put that on the back burner just to keep an eye on the subject. Did I say never rely on one source? If I ever do, I will state that fact in my article.

4. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

I agree with the two previous comments, this place has been a fantastic place to improve and hone my writing skills. I've written a few historical hubs, which involved carrying out a lot of research, which I really enjoyed, because you learn new things that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

5. Anilkumar cv profile image61
    Anilkumar cvposted 6 years ago

Hubpage is a good way to contact others.My experience is good

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Absolutely.

We're all "moving targets" on this Earth, and we change and learn, sometimes for better, sometimes worse.  It's just a ride, and Hubpages helps me enjoy it.

7. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

sure it has been. It is nice writing here and interacting with people and getting paid a small amount for it.

8. Candie V profile image63
    Candie Vposted 6 years ago

I joined, not having a clue what it was or why I was here!  This place of anonymity has become a haven for my heart, and allowed me to vocalize what I was going thru - in real time.  It has given me incredible friends and allowed me to learn from the best.  It has become a less anonymous place - people have become very real - as have I!  Thanks PD!!

9. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

Yes, for me it was definitely worthwhile. In fact, I dedicated a hub about some things that I've grown to love: 10 Things I Started Caring About After Joining Hubpages
    http://yougotme.hubpages.com/hub/10-Thi … g-Hubpages

It specifically enhanced my writing ability, community engagement and readership. smile

working